back from Bang Your Head festival...

Fangface

Child of the Damned
Jan 25, 2002
France
www.fangface.com
SLAAAAAAAYYYYYYYEERRRRRRRRRRR & SAXOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump: :headbang:

A really good festival once again, even if it was better last year.
Unfortunately I couldn't find Cornholio, too sleepy it seems :D ;)

My best moments : Slayer, Candlemass, Jag Panzer, Titan Force, Saxon, Rawhead Rexx, Nevermore, Gamma Ray...

Disapointment : Halford :( :( :( :( :cry: :cry:
horrible show and voice, by far the worst I've heard of him.......
He ruled the Gods of Metal festival a few weeks ago, but yesterday he was a piece of shit, I really can't understand why :(

Originally posted by Fangface
Unfortunately I couldn't find Cornholio, too sleepy it seems
Yeah, you had to write that didn't you ?! :p :D

But it was indeed great !!!

I wrote a long review in german on www.nothingbutmetal.de (Hi @ Cora ;) :D ) in the tour-section, and I roughly summarize a bit.

As Fangface (who just went to bed now - too sleepy I suppose :D :p :D ;) ) already said, Slayer blew me away, and Saxon were great as usual.
Gamma Ray was great too, and I also liked Rhapsody, and Iron Savior, although Savior had a bit of a sound-problem it seemed (one of 3 guitars didn't work, every time a different one, usually the guitar who was supposed to play the lead at the time), but they were cool too.

My cheers go to Bobby Blitz of Overkill who is on the way to get better after having had a ... (dunno the english word, german "Schlaganfall") and to Magnum's guitar-player who had a heart-attack some days ago :eek: :eek:

But both survived and are doing better I heard, thank God !!!

Halford DID suck, BIGTIME, he had to read almost ALL the lyrics, we just heard Painkiller, Exciter and Electric Eye of Priest, no Metal Gods, no Livin' After Midnight :( :(

He was so bad, seemed to be bored and pissed off ... jsut stood around ...

And Nevermore sucked IMO too.
It is a band that doesn't touch me, the sound is boring I think and the covers they played (Sound Of Silence, Ride The Lightning) were the worst coersongs I EVER heard !!!

That's it :)

Cya :)

About Nevermore, those covers were just for fun, and around 30 people climbed up to the stage at the end, it was such an unbelievable mess :lol: :lol:
Anyway I really enjoyed their music and attitude.

and I still can't understand why Halford was great in Italy and horrible in Germany... :(