BEST AMP SIM - SURVEY/Poll

In your opinion, what's the best AMP SIM currently?

• Waves GTR3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Softube Amp Room bundle

• Blue Cat’s Destructor

• Total voters

aureliouch

New Metal Member
Jun 27, 2011
I know, i know...
But i'm proposing this survey/poll just for update the opinions about the news amp sim in the market:

I've come to realize that they are all really good lately. My favorite is TseX50II but I just got an Apollo twin and am demoing the Engl Savage 120 and I love it too. Guess I'm buying it lol.

I've come to realize that they are all really good lately. My favorite is TseX50II but I just got an Apollo twin and am demoing the Engl Savage 120 and I love it too. Guess I'm buying it lol.

Yeah man! Great Choice too...
It's not available in the list, because i tried to pick only the most popular (as it were...;))

I haven't voted, because I've got limited experience with the paid-for ones. The only one I've had any extensive time with is ReValver, because I own it, and it absolutely blows. It's "ok" to a point, but the cabs are absolutely horrific. If you use it with impulses it's not so bad, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of paying for this programmes. You should be able to get a good, usable tone "in the box". If you can't, then what's the point?

So for that reason I haven't explored many of them and I just stick to the free shit. TSE and LePou. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I use Bias Amp pro 1 and have had horrible bugs/glitches and customer service issues. I just updated it a week ago and every parameter has changed and all the setting are saved in the presets but each parameter sounds different! So i update it and every tone I have made is useless peaking fizz and the tones shared on the user tone sharing feature are useless peaking fizz so they have seemingly killed all there user shared tones to entice you to buy bias amp 2. I won't be buying even though it does sound pretty good.
I have Komplete Ultimate and Guitar Rig is seriously embarrassing. Sooooo bad, Amplitube sounds really nice, Mercurial probably does but the demo cuts out way too frequently to even test.
When I used freeware like LeCab, Recto and TSE I had less problems than the paid for stuff.

I haven't voted, because I've got limited experience with the paid-for ones. The only one I've had any extensive time with is ReValver, because I own it, and it absolutely blows. It's "ok" to a point, but the cabs are absolutely horrific. If you use it with impulses it's not so bad, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of paying for this programmes. You should be able to get a good, usable tone "in the box". If you can't, then what's the point?

So for that reason I haven't explored many of them and I just stick to the free shit. TSE and LePou. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

That's the point!
In my humble opinion, the paids options are well above the free ones. Some AMP SIMs sounds really great plugged directly in the box!

Most popular?
Thermionic, TSE50x2 and Mercuriall are ones of the most popular around here but I don't see them in poll, so I'm not giving vote especially because shit like BIAS is included.

Reactions: Vihaleipä
Most popular?
Thermionic, TSE50x2 and Mercuriall are ones of the most popular around here but I don't see them in poll, so I'm not giving vote especially because shit like BIAS is included.

Cool man!!
I didn't know this Mercuriall!!!

I don't understand why people like Amplitube that much. The software itself is great, but for high gain amps, if you like really big "chugs" when palm muting (Nevermore, Fear Factory, whatever band you can think of that has tones with a lot of gain), it just doesn't work.

Even when using their high gain amp models, say the Dual Rectifier, you have to max out the gain knob to be "close" to having enough gain. I mean what the hell? My bandmate plays on a Dual Rectifier and gain between 12 o'clock to maximum 2 o'clock is more than enough.

I don't understand why they made Amplitube behave like that. It's the only amp sim software where I had such problem.

The few who use it for higher gain tones and make it work seem to add a lot of gain upstream with pedals in the Amplitube FX chain. But I don't know... for me it means their modeling is off and I don't wanna spend 200$ on that.

Reactions: Kozak
I don't understand why people like Amplitube that much. The software itself is great, but for high gain amps, if you like really big "chugs" when palm muting (Nevermore, Fear Factory, whatever band you can think of that has tones with a lot of gain), it just doesn't work.

Even when using their high gain amp models, say the Dual Rectifier, you have to max out the gain knob to be "close" to having enough gain. I mean what the hell? My bandmate plays on a Dual Rectifier and gain between 12 o'clock to maximum 2 o'clock is more than enough.

I don't understand why they made Amplitube behave like that. It's the only amp sim software where I had such problem.

The few who use it for higher gain tones and make it work seem to add a lot of gain upstream with pedals in the Amplitube FX chain. But I don't know... for me it means their modeling is off and I don't wanna spend 200$ on that.

I'm totally agree about the price! It's too much expensive...
But i like their high gain options in comparison to the others, the Overloud inclusive.
By the way, i never liked the Overloud... i don't know why...;)

I'm totally agree about the price! It's too much expensive...
But i like their high gain options in comparison to the others, the Overloud inclusive.
By the way, i never liked the Overloud... i don't know why...;)

But don't you agree even their high gain model lack gain, especially if compared to their "real version" counterparts?

I've voted for Amplitube 4 because I'm a long time user of Amplitube, since there was not much more available.

But in fact I'm missing from this list a couple of excellent new options:

Mercuriall (all of them are great)
Ignite Amps (free, specialy the Emissary)
Thermionik
Line 6 Helix Native (quite expensive...)

I've voted for Amplitube 4 because I'm a long time user of Amplitube, since there was not much more available.

But in fact I'm missing from this list a couple of excellent new options:

Mercuriall (all of them are great)
Ignite Amps (free, specialy the Emissary)
Thermionik
Line 6 Helix Native (quite expensive...)

I think the thread was mostly about complete suites, at least amp + cab. This is something you don't have with Ignite, which I guess is why it isn't in the list.

As for the other one you proposed, I guess you are right, they could be there.

I completely disagree that paid sims give you more.
LePou sims still kick ass.
PVamps plenty of free ones and cheap paid options, again kick ass.

I only voted for Guitar Rig 5 because I have it. Not because it's the best but because I got a good deal on it and I can dial it in how I want.
My focus is always to use these as demos only.
If I go past demo then I'll amp/cab/mic up.

I'm also not sure about amplitube, to be fair I've only used it on the ipad, but to me it sucks balls, I get 10 minutes in and I'm done for another 6 months.

Bias is ok, aggressive marketing tho.