best Iron Maiden albums

We agree for once I believe (except that for me the last good labum is SSOASS and the last album with true Maiden songs is FOTD :lol: actually BNW had good songs that are not into that vein. My viewpoint still is that Kevin Shirley who used to produce Dream Theater is a bad influence on the band, they should have Martin Birch back :headbang:

yes BNW is thebest of the newer 3

I totally disagree POM is a GREAT album and one of my favorites the last to retain the NWOBHM spirit. "Powerslave" as I mentioned is their creativity peak but after that Iron Maiden was no more a NWOBHM band, was a phenomena larger than life and independently of what we think and discuss about their later material no one can deny the position the band has in metal history.
So for me the first seven are the real deal :headbang:, but the first four are what makes for me Iron Maiden a true metal band.

I agree with this statement wholeheartedly!:headbang::kickass:

Agree indeed again :kickass:

the only reason i say x factor was the last great album is because i love blaze's voice and the album was so dark, brutal and deep compared to the rest of maidens work. if you listent o the guitars and stuff the songs are still old school maiden in terms of sound and a whole album of the longer prog songs
was a new idea at the time and got maiden out of the kinda dull slump they were in. after that they wore it out and now its old and formulaic. when i heard that got bruce and adrian back and then i heard wickerman i was like man this is gonna be great. the album was better than virtual XI but it wasn't what i thought it would be and now that style is just getting tiresome. i still love maiden though and i hold x factor and virtual xi in a special place in my heart

1.Number of the beast
2.Piece of Mind
3.Iron maiden
4.Killers
5.Live after Death
6.Powerslave
7.Maiden Japan(EP):OMG:

the only reason i say x factor was the last great album is because i love blaze's voice and the album was so dark, brutal and deep compared to the rest of maidens work.

I had "Factor X" for a while but I couldn't find any of the qualities you metion and I can't stand Blaze performance with the band. It didn't give it a fresh breath to the band IMO.

The last great album was SSOASS, the last album with a great song was FOTD, and the best album of the sextet era is BNW. I won't budge otherwise :heh:

NP: Judas Priest - 'Beyond The Realms Of Death'

I had "Factor X" for a while but I couldn't find any of the qualities you metion and I can't stand Blaze performance with the band. It didn't give it a fresh breath to the band IMO.

The last great album was SSOASS, the last album with a great song was FOTD, and the best album of the sextet era is BNW. I won't budge otherwise :heh:

NP: Judas Priest - 'Beyond The Realms Of Death'

you can't find x factor being dark and the lyrics being deeper? this was i believe the first time steve harris wrote lyrics about his personal life

you can't find x factor being dark and the lyrics being deeper? this was i believe the first time steve harris wrote lyrics about his personal life

Not really, I recall to had like two songs basically 'Man On The Edge' that was derived from the movie 'Falling Down' and 'The Edge Of Darkness' based on Joseph Conrad book (which in time was used to make the script of "Apocalypse Now"). Now I can't even recall them, as for the lyrics I seldom pay attention these days is the music what counts. I draw my line only when lyrics are too offensive: bigotry, racism, religious hatred, etc.

I'm more of an oldschool guy and Powerslave is a decent effort, but this has to be Maidens most overrated cd. There are 2-very good songs in "Aces"...and "2-minutes"...the rest is not that good IMO.

7th Son is some serious metal shit...and "Moonchild" is one of my fave Maiden tunes, very underrated song.

Dude Rime Of The Ancient Mariner owns along with the title track.