I need your help dudes!

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
After the disaster of putting my video on here, I would like peoples advice on what I could do to improve my sound.

I have all the plug ins like nick crows stuff and lepou's solo c amp and many more. I don't use crap like guitar rig anymore because thats what it is for heavy sounds, crap.

So, if some of you could give advice on what can be done to make DFH sound better, the guitars sound good and that sort of stuff, it would really be cool :headbang:

After my last thread, I have learnt the lesson after ignoring peoples advice and really would like to improve the sound I can get.

Rather than using stock EZdrummer or even stock DFH you may wanna look into sample replacement.
Aptrigga 2 is really cheap and I'd highly recommend it. Well worth the money.
After that, just scour the forum for samples you like the sound of and download. Lasse regularly uploads samples and I'm sure if you asked him reaaallly nicely in a pm he'd link you to a bunch at once cos he's just that sort of nice guy.

If you're recording guitars direct rather than using a real amp, either buy recabinet or download ryan's fredman impulses. I'd save recabinet for later when you're more experienced. I just got it and I'm having quite a hard time finding combinations of impulses that are working for me at the minute. It's one for perseverence and constant tweaking and I have the feeling what you could use more than anything right now is a quick fix, not an insult, just a statement. I was the same way and when ryan released the fredman impulses my guitar tones skyrocketed in quality and it was just what i needed. it's also great because one day when you're micing up amps yourself you'll know what to listen for when you're moving the mic around the cab.

with drums, go through sturgis' topics about drum processing, there's ones on the forum for pretty much every drum, kick snare toms overheads room blah blah blah.
a good starting point though is
4:1 ratio
30ms attack
120ms release
-6db gain reduction

try that on a snare and listen to the gorgeous POP that gets added to the attack. i use those settings on kick, snare and toms.

Rather than using stock EZdrummer or even stock DFH you may wanna look into sample replacement.
Aptrigga 2 is really cheap and I'd highly recommend it. Well worth the money.
After that, just scour the forum for samples you like the sound of and download. Lasse regularly uploads samples and I'm sure if you asked him reaaallly nicely in a pm he'd link you to a bunch at once cos he's just that sort of nice guy.

If you're recording guitars direct rather than using a real amp, either buy recabinet or download ryan's fredman impulses. I'd save recabinet for later when you're more experienced. I just got it and I'm having quite a hard time finding combinations of impulses that are working for me at the minute. It's one for perseverence and constant tweaking and I have the feeling what you could use more than anything right now is a quick fix, not an insult, just a statement. I was the same way and when ryan released the fredman impulses my guitar tones skyrocketed in quality and it was just what i needed. it's also great because one day when you're micing up amps yourself you'll know what to listen for when you're moving the mic around the cab.

with drums, go through sturgis' topics about drum processing, there's ones on the forum for pretty much every drum, kick snare toms overheads room blah blah blah.
a good starting point though is
4:1 ratio
30ms attack
120ms release
-6db gain reduction

try that on a snare and listen to the gorgeous POP that gets added to the attack. i use those settings on kick, snare and toms.

I have recently been testing out ryan's impulses, they're really damn good!

I just took a look for the thread about the drums but couldn't find it... could someone post a link to it here?