Mixing Lead & Rhythm guitar parts.

Yeah, the 990s are supposed to be good i'm sure they'll be worth it. If your in a noisy building, closed back headpphones would allow you to record and mix easier. The akg k271 are a good choice for that price range.

Finally I feel better and i've started recording again.

I'd appreiciate tips on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

But first, is this what was meant by a few people in this thread?

The orange tracks are the rhythm guitar.
Yellow is the lead guitar, but only the lead parts.
Grey underneath that is the lead guitars rhythm parts when it isn't playing lead, but also rhythm when it is (same riffs as the rhythm guitar)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I still feel it sounds a bit messy double tracked, but alas my playing I guess, all the guitars are dry , straight into my interface. A question here.. Should you normalise once recorded?

Somehow I now need to try and get the guitars to sound nice.. I'm using the Lepou plugins, only have the one thats a blatent Engl right now, but any tips with regards to getting the tone and everything to sit? Theres a lot of guitars at once! :|

Maybe I should render some of the tracks so you can hear the clean signals and tell me if it sounds okay, as I said i'm concerned about double tracking due to tightness, to me it sounds messy.. But that might just be because i'm hearing everything on clean guitars..?

I noticed my 'lead' is mostly on the A string and therefore quite low, maybe it gets lost amongst the rhythms, afterall this is a song I wrote years ago and somethings probably don't work in practice.

I recorded the lead parts an octave up to test this..
http://www.box.com/s/6bdb26bf4db7711d7a4d

Old and new..
I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.. Does it work better?

(Do note the old one is double tracked 'leads' yet the new i've only done once"

Haven't checked out the audio, but for a busy track like that I'd be inclined to track each guitar once. Particularly if you're having issues with accuracy.