The "What Are You Doing This Moment" Thread

Aight I applied for a job. Gonna do more and then get some fucking money and stop being miserable. If they got a problem with me being a tranny they can go get fucked, idc anymore. I'm tired of being broke.

I've had like 5 jobs. I've been a manager before. Time to suck it up again and deal with the stupid fucking people because my life is objectively better when I have work.

What health problems are those? And why would they give a shit about your gender identity unless you put it front and center at every occasion?

Most people are able to go through life without ever having to really mention or think about their gender. Everyone immediately just knows that they are what they are, they never even have to say. Trans people on the other hand often don't have this convenience, and that means that if we want to be acknowledged for who we really are, we have to explicitly tell people. I don't exactly pass for female, so when I go to a job interview, if I want to be referred to as a woman, I have to specifically ask. Generally, people are pretty nice about it, but they usually forget and slip up a lot. If I'm working in a customer facing job, I'll get called sir upwards of 10 times a day, and when I go home at night, that fucking hurts. I'm not mad at them. It's not their fault. It still just hurts. It feels like a denial and erasure of who I am. It's temporary of course, but it adds up over time.

I know there are definitely some people out there who like making everything about their gender. Most of us don't. We're the same as people who aren't trans, but we've been cursed with this misfortune, and in order to feel like ourselves, we sadly have to tell people that we're trans because otherwise, we'll just be treated as our birth sex. That sucks. I don't want anyone in real life to know. My goal is to be able to walk in a room and have nobody question that I was ever born anything other than female. I don't think it's unachievable, but in the meantime I'm in this limbo situation that's pretty scary and painful.

I was drunk when I wrote that post the other night, but generally the issues I face are the result of my not passing as female, not so much the malice of other people. Most people are at the very least cordial to me, even if they don't agree with my decisions. Some people are dicks about it though, and it's still pretty scary because I know that among a group of 100 people, there's probably at least a couple that are crazy.

tldr I don't want to make anything about me being trans. I'm a woman who was born as male. It hurts to be constantly referred to and treated as a guy, and if I want otherwise, I have to say something. Having to say something sucks, and it's where all the problems come in. The health issues I mentioned were unrelated to being trans. I've just put my body through a lot.

Last edited:
Anyways, chilling. Still in the process of waking up. I need to eat and then I'll probably play some games until everyone wakes up, and then I'll do some light cleaning and maybe hit the trail with my dad if he's up to it.

They have a few fun songs but to each their own. They're mostly too silly for me to want to sit down and listen to an album of theirs. I can't say I wouldn't headbang to some of their riffs but yea.

Most people are able to go through life without ever having to really mention or think about their gender. Everyone immediately just knows that they are what they are, they never even have to say. Trans people on the other hand often don't have this convenience, and that means that if we want to be acknowledged for who we really are, we have to explicitly tell people. I don't exactly pass for female, so when I go to a job interview, if I want to be referred to as a woman, I have to specifically ask. Generally, people are pretty nice about it, but they usually forget and slip up a lot. If I'm working in a customer facing job, I'll get called sir upwards of 10 times a day, and when I go home at night, that fucking hurts. I'm not mad at them. It's not their fault. It still just hurts. It feels like a denial and erasure of who I am. It's temporary of course, but it adds up over time.

I know there are definitely some people out there who like making everything about their gender. Most of us don't. We're the same as people who aren't trans, but we've been cursed with this misfortune, and in order to feel like ourselves, we sadly have to tell people that we're trans because otherwise, we'll just be treated as our birth sex. That sucks. I don't want anyone in real life to know. My goal is to be able to walk in a room and have nobody question that I was ever born anything other than female. I don't think it's unachievable, but in the meantime I'm in this limbo situation that's pretty scary and painful.

I was drunk when I wrote that post the other night, but generally the issues I face are the result of my not passing as female, not so much the malice of other people. Most people are at the very least cordial to me, even if they don't agree with my decisions. Some people are dicks about it though, and it's still pretty scary because I know that among a group of 100 people, there's probably at least a couple that are crazy.

tldr I don't want to make anything about me being trans. I'm a woman who was born as male. It hurts to be constantly referred to and treated as a guy, and if I want otherwise, I have to say something. Having to say something sucks, and it's where all the problems come in. The health issues I mentioned were unrelated to being trans. I've just put my body through a lot.

Thank you for this thoughtful response. This right here is what we need - people talking to one another, not assuming we are out to hurt each other. I am sorry you feel this way. I can't imagine what it is like, and how hard it must be to constantly be the better person. I am thankful for you taking the time to share this. Stuff like this WILL take time for most people to digest, that's just how we are wired. But in the meantime, maybe if we really take the time to reflect, we will learn something new.

You are not to be blamed for a minority of people behaving like asscocks, thinking their status as a "minority" makes them entitled to whatever shitty behavior they choose. Unfortunately, those people are what many of us ... uhm ... "cis"-people think of as soon as we meet someone who is trans. Again: Important to take a step back and reflect here. I guess we all have stuff to battle with in one way or another.

Again, I hope your situation improves and you find the strength within to continue giving people the benefit of doubt even though some of them don't deserve it.

Reactions: PrincessHades
Thank you for this thoughtful response. This right here is what we need - people talking to one another, not assuming we are out to hurt each other. I am sorry you feel this way. I can't imagine what it is like, and how hard it must be to constantly be the better person. I am thankful for you taking the time to share this. Stuff like this WILL take time for most people to digest, that's just how we are wired. But in the meantime, maybe if we really take the time to reflect, we will learn something new.

You are not to be blamed for a minority of people behaving like asscocks, thinking their status as a "minority" makes them entitled to whatever shitty behavior they choose. Unfortunately, those people are what many of us ... uhm ... "cis"-people think of as soon as we meet someone who is trans. Again: Important to take a step back and reflect here. I guess we all have stuff to battle with in one way or another.

Again, I hope your situation improves and you find the strength within to continue giving people the benefit of doubt even though some of them don't deserve it.

Thanks for reading it and understanding, I really appreciate it. There's definitely a lot of badly behaved trans people out there, just as with any group, but these people sadly end up being the most visible. In many cases, they're the only representation we get, and the consequences are terrible for trans people because it makes people hate us. Also thanks for the kind words, I'm trying. I've been making some big progress lately.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cronopio