Unofficial fan recordings

Denes

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hi All,

My name is Denes, long time fan of Hypocrisy and Death Metal in general since the early 90s. I saw the band first time back in 1999 at the Mind Over Matter fest in Austria :) I have quite fond memories of that show- especially Shane Embury (of Napalm Death) mooning the sound engineer onstage for messing up Hypocrisy's sound :rolleyes: anyways,

would like to ask if someone knows of any policies regarding filming a live show of them, talking about in an amateur manner (strictly non-profit), only a small camera on a tripod. I will be attending the Glasgow show in about a month, and since the day-off is now sorted, was trying to find some contacts without any success (so far). I phoned up the venue, they said it is fine with them if the band approves. I did film there before- during one of the Stag & Dagger festivals back in 2010 done a few acts.

I have a YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/lambbroadway I'm coming a long way since I filmed my first show in 2001 (Norwegian BM act Ancient) with around 200 performances as the follow-ups, some of them still on VHS. A few examples-

Gorguts - Underworld, London 2012
Malevolent Creation - Trillians, Newcastle 2012
Arcana - Stereo, York 2011

...and so on.

Thanx for all the help, I hope I will be able to give a shout about a few Hypocrisy links too :)

Cheers, Denes

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they have no problem with fan recordings. Any kind of trouble could come from producers. Just try and then you share it with us :D

I didn't know that Gorguts was on the road. Excelent band from Canada.

... and of course, nothing to say about Malevolent Creation :Shedevil:

Cheers men, and goooooooooood luck!!!