Best drum triggering software for FAST metal

Deathbringer6

New Metal Member
Oct 3, 2013
I'm working on an album right now where I had another guy record the drums, then sent them to me. He half-assedly edited them and sent me: overheads, hat, ride, kick, snare, and the 4 toms. He already replaced all the drums in Drumagog. I've had to go back and re-edit the hell out of these tracks due to how bad it was. Now I've noticed that the levels of the drums are different between each track, and also even noticed that the kick sounded slightly different in several of them! I'm assuming he bypassed some processing on a few tracks.

Now, I don't own any drum triggering software, but I figure that would be the way to go in matching the tracks up. This is a death/thrash album with incredibly fast drums. I'm wondering which drum triggering software would be the best for catching all of the drum hits. A friend of mine asked others about the same thing, but no one he knows that uses Drumagog had really used it for fast metal.. only slower stuff.

To the engineer's credit, I think Drumagog misplaced a lot of the drum hits when he bounced them out. Maybe it was Drumagog's fault...

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Slate Digital Trigger.
Or Massey DRT.

And calling someone who half asses and doesn't check if drumagog triggers right an "engineer" doesn't really go along too well in my book.

Honestly never a minutes problem with drumagog. Make sure you are doing sections not an entire song in one pass.

Trigger.

Maybe Drumagog 5 have sorted out their initial problems but for me Trigger is way better and just the layout and the simplicity makes it the nr.1 choice for me.