Has GameStop/EBgames ever screwed you over?

korruption

Amateur Dentist
May 13, 2002
Canada
I'm positive the answer is a definite "YES!" but I would just like to hear/share stories about this joke of a company.

A few days ago I ordered "Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence" thinking I would enjoy it and playing the first two Metal Gear games (the terrible NES version and "Snakes Revenge" don't count). Well, the package arrived today and here's what I found:

No proper packaging, but ok, I can let that slide.
The CD inside a slip case, scratched all to hell.
No disc 2. Big fuckup there.

Now this was the "Subsistence" package, not the collection (which is notorious for only having disc 1 of the game) so I fully expected the package to contain both discs as it said so on their website. :err:

So I'm a little upset and ripped off, so now I have to ask - does anyone know of any good/legit websites where you can order used stuff and get what you want?

Honestly dude, for things like older games, just buckle down and use ebay. I have been using ebay for YEARS and have made over 300 transactions, only one of which went bad, but customer service at ebay made it all better with little effort. Just read the descriptions carefully, and you'll do fine. NEVER use online chain stores for games, ever. That is my best piece of advice.

Yeah that's practical enough, somehow (and I do stress that) eBay just never occurred to me when it could be the most useful. Oh well, EBgames taught me a good lesson.

Anyways this thread ain't about me despite the misleading first post, but just idiots like me who ever used their services and got screwed. :D