If you're a Scar Symmetry fan who is sad that Christian is now out

Aug 14, 2008
Don't be! They are on good terms and the new stuff Christian is working on is some of the most killer stuff he's ever done!

Oh and he's on the new Bloodbath CD too. Forgot to mention that in the 2008 top albums thread. I'm not sure which songs he's in exactly, but Iesous for sure.

I actually am glad he's gone. Hopefully by the "creative differences" they were talking about they meant that he sang way too much. Can't we have a nice melodeath band with good skill who doesn't wank all over their choruses. Plus the 75% clean 25% death ratio on Holographic Universe made me sick. Couldn't even spin the disc. Too gay. I do love his Unmoored project though. Badass shit!

I actually am glad he's gone. Hopefully by the "creative differences" they were talking about they meant that he sang way too much. Can't we have a nice melodeath band with good skill who doesn't wank all over their choruses. Plus the 75% clean 25% death ratio on Holographic Universe made me sick. Couldn't even spin the disc. Too gay. I do love his Unmoored project though. Badass shit!

Firstly, I don't really consider them "melodeath". To be honest, I absolutely hate the over abuse of labeling bands that particular genre and feel it should only apply to At The Gates, In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, and the bands who rip them off. While Scar Symmetry has some Gothenburg moments, I don't know if that makes them melodic death (Evergrey for example, has Gothenburg moments too).

Secondly, I disagree with you 150%. Holographic Universe was very well balanced and the vocals were absolutely tasteful. I will admit though that I do think Pitch Black Progress was their untopable peak.

But oh well hehe.

^^ I can see how you can like Holographic Universe a lot. I mean he does have an AMAZING voice, both cleans and deaths. It just reminded me too much of the "Soilwork Step" from their APP days to FNF and STD. Haha just realized it's STD. How fitting. Anyways yeah I wasn't trying to categorize them, it's just rare to hear a band with that intensity, skill, and sense of songwriting and musicianship that doesn't sing like they are N'Sync on their choruses.

They cant all be without clean vocs. I think its good that not all bands are growling all day long. So Christian does a great job both growl and clean. One of the greatest clean vocs in metal.