Jon Schaffer - Sons of Liberty

Thorns On My Grave

I Am Vengeance
Mar 20, 2006
Alameda, California
Wow... an fascinating, unexpected new project from Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer. Intense, thought provoking, and relevant. Everyone must listen to this album. It is actually musically the best thing he has written since Something Wicked This Way Comes too.

There is a free download or a high res version you can purchase. You can also listen to the whole album from the site. Tell me what you guys think?

http://www.sons-of-liberty.net/

Damn, Jon's been playing Metal Gear? :D

It's good though, took a few seconds to realize it was him singing, and not Matt. They sure sound alike. Well, back to sampling. :kickass:

Seeing as its free there isn't really much to complain about. The interview he did for it on the Alex Jones show was interesting, the release very unexpected- all in all a pleasant surprise.

Seeing as its free there isn't really much to complain about. The interview he did for it on the Alex Jones show was interesting, the release very unexpected- all in all a pleasant surprise.

I hope it does not interfere with the future of Iced Earth though, this kind of change in a person's perspective can really shift priorities

Like it so far. But I doubt Iced Earth's future is in trouble by this. Demons & Wizards on the other hand may see an album sometime in 2020 the way Iced Earth and Blind Guardian plan on doing things. I would love a 3rd album and a tour but its not likely anytime soon.

Blind Guardian wants to get an album out and support it. Jon will start writing new Iced Earth stuff soon. Then IE will do their album release and tour. So this pattern makes it impossible, unless either bands take a break.

Really? What could there possibly be to hate? I can see how it could be seen as not fantastic or not his best, but why hate? It's a soldi record, good flow, solid, crunchy and melodic riffage, great vocals

Tivic Nolax said:
His solo music is amazing but wondering who is the drummer is.

Jon has said that its a drum machine that he programed. In fact Jon performs all music on the album except for two solos (one of which was done by Iced Earth's Troy Seele and the other by Jim Morris, the bands producer).

Check out the SoL facebook page for more info including updates and q&a with Jon.

So I just purchased my tickets to the West Hollywood show where Sons of Liberty will be opening and Iced Earth will be headlining, on September 25th. If anyone else is attending, let me know!