WTB: 5150/6505 logo plates

JeffTD

Senhor Testiculo
Sep 29, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
www.jeffdunne.com
Got a 5150 without the logo plates that I'm retolexing/grilling, would love to get my hands on the big 5150 or the oval Peavey logo plates. Let me know if you've got some laying around for whatever reason, as Peavey won't sell them directly.

You should try and hit up FJA, or Voodoo. I've seen where they replace the nameplates with "Voodoo" or whatever. Maybe have some laying around.

How much are you willing to spend? I know a company that will make you one that's better quality, for under $45.

Have you tried calling peavey themselves? I'd wager - short of someone just giving you some - that they would be the cheapest place to get them. If you have a serial # for your amp, I don't see why they wouldn't sell you any.

I've bought a few pots, corner protectors and the plastic vent for the top of a 5150 before. Most expensive piece was the plastic vent piece @ 15 bucks. Everything else was 1-3 bucks per part. And their parts dept. people have been super nice everytime I've called and ordered (3 times now).

Have you tried calling peavey themselves? I'd wager - short of someone just giving you some - that they would be the cheapest place to get them. If you have a serial # for your amp, I don't see why they wouldn't sell you any.

I've bought a few pots, corner protectors and the plastic vent for the top of a 5150 before. Most expensive piece was the plastic vent piece @ 15 bucks. Everything else was 1-3 bucks per part. And their parts dept. people have been super nice everytime I've called and ordered (3 times now).

Just heard back from Peavey, ironically enough...

"We no longer have the 5150 Face Plate but we do have the 6505 Face Plate.
Part # 92100390 Price $ 81.57 Each"

Holy fucking overpriced part, batman! I can only assume they include the full wood piece for that price.

Wolfeman, I didn't want to spend more than like $25 if I'm honest, but I may have to. :erk:

Just heard back from Peavey, ironically enough...

"We no longer have the 5150 Face Plate but we do have the 6505 Face Plate.
Part # 92100390 Price $ 81.57 Each"

Holy fucking overpriced part, batman! I can only assume they include the full wood piece for that price.

Wolfeman, I didn't want to spend more than like $25 if I'm honest, but I may have to. :erk:

Get a hold of the guy and gal that run ampplates.com. If you just want a simple mock up plastic logo that looks the same, they will work with you. I'm sure they have done a 5150 logo before, so they might wave the setup fee. My guess would say the price would be between $30-$40.

Just ask them, they are reasonable people. Hell, they might even already have some laying around.

Joe Vallina from ampplates.com will not do 5150 faceplates because the name/logo is owned by EVH. I asked him already.

And EVH (or better his legal rep) is quite serious about copyright infringement. They even sued Nike because they put out a sneaker with a sole that had a similar painting to his famous pinstripe design. Or guitar luthiers who specialize in making replicas of EVH's guitars... serious business!

Jeff, if everything fails you can still put some Bugera plates on there! ;)