10/12/04 Seattle -- The Catwalk

Disengager said:
Official thread. Guess who's going despite my insurance companies attempts to fuck me over? See you guys in Seattle tommorrow!!
hell yea missing shows sux glad you can make it,I was in the hospital 2 days before the show here.thanks to pain killers I was able to go.

Vehemence puts on by far one of the best live show's I've ever witnessed. My god the show was incredibly badass.

So the catwalk is a decent sized club. There were around 150-200 people in attendence. Earlier in the night, I had met up with John while standing in line, I finally got to meet him. I've been talking to him online for ages it seems. Got on the guest list (A BIG fucking thank you for that John). The opening band was Hell's Promise. They were ALRIGHT. The best way to describe them is slightly heavier then that nu-hardcore shit that headbangers ball plays. You know, harder then nu metal, but not as hard as hardcore. They played for 25 minutes.

Vehemence took stage and blew the roof off the place. I've never seen a more raw, energetic band in my life. The sound was incredible. Nathan's powerful vocals, John's incredibly detailed guitar work, Andy rocking the fuck out of his kit (even breaking his snare at one point). Between songs, Nathan was quite entertaining and funny. Doing his british impersonation of akercocke. Afterwards, I got to hang out with the guys for a bit backstage, huge thanks to the guys for that

I hung out with them during akercocke's set so I missed most of them, then left after their set. I had to work today, so I couldn't see mortician. The show was 100x better then I expected. A huge thanks to vehemence for being so fucking cool. The ammount of appreciation you guys show to your fans is really something incredible.

The setlist was something like this:
We are all dying
Kill For God
By Your Bedside
Fantasy From Pain
God Was Created
Spirit of the Soldier
You Don't Have to be Afraid Anymore
Christ, I fucking hate you!

Pics coming later tonight.

Yep, what an excellent show. Some of you may have recognized me as the kid in the front row with the afro wearing a "Helping the World to See" shirt. :)

458610vehemence10.jpg

Disengager said:
haha, hell yeah I saw you. I was teh big guy with the vehemence trucker hat taking pics.

btw, pics coming in like, a couple hours prolly
haha yea man, we were right next to each other in the front for a while.

yeah man, it was definitely fun. Thank andy and nathan for letting me chill with them backstage and thanks so much for getting me on the guest list.

I only took pics for about 2 minutes a couple of times, and didn't want to move from where I was, so sorry about the camera position (my camera has like 1x zoom, so standing in the back would have been worthless).

I seriously cant wait for the next show. I couldn't talk the next couple days after the show, lost my voice singing Kill For God.

I'm kind of pissed off that I missed this gig. Should've got my ass in gear and went. I'll catch you guys next time though, I promise. I was one of the folks that was right up front at the show at the Graceland back in June. I talked to Nathan a ton in the bar (he insisted that Cranberry Juice + Vodka was the best 'sipping drink' that he'd had). Also spoke with John and Bjorn briefly.

I wanna hear Last Fantasy Of Christ though! That song is bad ass. The section at 1:15, 1:28, and at other parts basically says "You should be circular headbanging as fast as you can right now"

Funeral Portrait said:
Yep, what an excellent show. Some of you may have recognized me as the kid in the front row with the afro wearing a "Helping the World to See" shirt. :)

Whoa... I know you. You're in Embalmed. I used to be in Evangelist. What's up?

VEHEMENCE said:
Ah I didnt know you were in Evangelist, cheers, yes dont miss us again!

I think Chris from Evangelist told me that he talks to you every once in a while online or something.. But I might be mistaken.

Yeah, I won't miss it next time. From some of the rumors floating around you guys might be coming back here in a few months, that'll be sweet!