11.24.04 Haul

AntonCrowley_16 said:
Never was to big on Pearl Jam.......but I do like Alice in Chains....only grunge band I care for
Pearl Jam Ten is the shit...
I can undrestand you liking A.I.C., they were the ones that resembled "metal." They were picked to open Clash of the Titans with ALL thrash bands!
I found a pick of Jerry Cantrell's on the area floor after their set.
Back when they opened, no one knew who they were & won the audience over... Great band.

Six, what do you think of the Silvertide disc? Hope I didn't steer you wrong on that one. That is their first release, I've not heard it. The newest one is called Show and Tell, I very much like that one.

Greeno said:
Six, what do you think of the Silvertide disc? Hope I didn't steer you wrong on that one. That is their first release, I've not heard it. The newest one is called Show and Tell, I very much like that one.
Greeno,
That E.P. is a great sample o what's in store with their full-length disc, I think. I'm looking for the record next time I hit a store(s). I think their sound is like a cross between Buckcherry & Black Crowes. Great combo!!!!

tsorl said:
How's this one? Darker Than Black has ruled my world for the past year or so but the little I've heard from the debut Unveiled wasn't really impressive.
This one is a decent record. I haven't given it porper attention, but it is traditional metal & there are some great moment on there.
I don't know if this helps or just further confuses?!
SIXXSWINE

sixxswine said:
Greeno,
That E.P. is a great sample o what's in store with their full-length disc, I think. I'm looking for the record next time I hit a store(s). I think their sound is like a cross between Buckcherry & Black Crowes. Great combo!!!!

Cool. Looks like I need to pick that one up also. Good old rock n roll!!

sixxswine said:
That E.P. is a great sample o what's in store with their full-length disc, I think. I'm looking for the record next time I hit a store(s)

check out the media section of their site. You can listen to what I think (please correct me if I'm wrong anyone who knows different) is the full Show And Tell album http://www.silvertidemusic.com/audio_lyrics.php.

Pearl Jam is f*cking awesome! Literally every album is fantastic! And I only got into them in 2000! I liked the debut back in the day, but just never got into them.

Then, one day in 2000, my ex-girlfriend had one of their CDs (Vitalogy) lying around so I gave it a spin......and have been totally hooked ever since.

Disc 2 of the new best of is perfect. The best track may be "Man of the Hour", from the soundtrack to the movie Big Fish.

SWINEY, my boy....You've done it. You may have just convinced me to put the pearl jam best of my Christmas list for the mother in law. I am not a huge fan but TEN and VS were pretty good back in the day. I actually thought Stone Gossard was a good picker, but for some reason, I have a sheer hatred for Eddie Vedder and still do. But perhaps I'll cast my hate aside and give 'em another spin for old time's sake!

ALSO, Swine gets my vote for coolest avatar and sig pic ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my view, what makes PJ so special is the tons of emotion and pure honesty in their music. I don't care about bands that can cram 29,489,390 notes in every minute of music. That's meaningless to me. PJ may not be "technically great", but goddamn it, they write powerful music!

And that's what it's all about, IMO!

sixxswine said:
Pearl Jam Ten is the shit...
I can undrestand you liking A.I.C., they were the ones that resembled "metal." They were picked to open Clash of the Titans with ALL thrash bands!
I found a pick of Jerry Cantrell's on the area floor after their set.
Back when they opened, no one knew who they were & won the audience over... Great band.

Damn, don't even get me started on Alice In Chains, they're only my favorite band in the whole world :headbang: ... I was geeky enough to get an AIC tattoo :D

SoundMaster said:
In my view, what makes PJ so special is the tons of emotion and pure honesty in their music. I don't care about bands that can cram 29,489,390 notes in every minute of music. That's meaningless to me. PJ may not be "technically great", but goddamn it, they write powerful music!

And that's what it's all about, IMO!

Couldn't agree more. I saw them in Mexico City last year and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. They sold out three shows there and, as usual, different set list every night. That's one of the things I love the most about them. On the show I saw they played Dissident (my favorite song by them), Porch, State Of Love And Trust and You Are... I wasn't expecting those! And Eddie is such a great frontman. He rocks :D

I also agree about their latest material being just as awesome. Riot Act was just excellent; it took me a while to get into Binaural, but it's a damn good album, very 'atmospheric' if you know what I mean, very moody.