12-string acoustic

Morthond

New Metal Member
Jul 11, 2006
isolated.biz
Hey guys, maybe there is someone out here, who's been dealing with 12-string acoustics? I play guitar for a long time, but somehow never dealt with those types. Right now I'm desperately willing to buy one, because the sound really hooked me up... :kickass:

What would you recommend? :worship:

P.S. A little offtopic thread maybe, but as long as there's a lot of "musically educated" people here I think its ok ^_^

12 strings rock.. they sound realy "full" (i dont know if thats a term in english :) )

I have none of my own, but i often play my mates.. cant remember model.. but if you have the money, get one, they kick 6 string ass.

Yes, sure the sound is tight and beautiful :) Something unique and different when it comes to compare with the most 6-sting guitars you hear constantly.

Sometimes I hate living in a small town near the Baltic sea: there are only two musical stores here... (the staff-guys are just no comments). They usually have only 1-3 12-strings at the place and those are permanently untuned. Ask them to tune the guitar for you and you'll usually get the answer like: well, it's hard to tune this kind of guitar and it'll take ~30min... or: i don't really know how to tune 12strings, my colleague knows, but he's on a break now... Plus many other funny stories. :puke:

Discouraged I had to learn to tune them myself (nothing special as it turned out). Currently I've tried all the 12string guitars in my town, but haven't really made the final choice yet.

BlueSky: too bad, but i haven't seen "breedlove" guitars in my town/country.
Buying an instrument from the net is quite risky, coz you can't analyze its sound... Maybe you can upload a sample of how it sounds? ^_^

Divatkreació said:
I'm having trouble with the 6-string one :| No one likes bassists, damn.

I like bassplayers.
they are great to blame when a song sounds bad.
(offcourse, this only applies when it isnt the drummers fault, but thats just staating the obvious.) :D

Divatkreació said:
I'm having trouble with the 6-string one :| No one likes bassists, damn.
heh.. I love bassist not most metal ones with a shit load of distortion so they might as well be a guitar but the funky ones with the grooves. Lord how I love them grooves! The new mars volta bassist is ace

BlueSky said:
heh.. I love bassist not most metal ones with a shit load of distortion so they might as well be a guitar but the funky ones with the grooves. Lord how I love them grooves! The new mars volta bassist is ace
yeah! same here
I also highly enjoy the atmospheric rhythmic playing of the Tool bassist

Justine from tool is just amazingly amazing. oh oh thinking of the pots grooves made me shoot a load

Morthond said:
BlueSky: too bad, but i haven't seen "breedlove" guitars in my town/country.
Buying an instrument from the net is quite risky, coz you can't analyze its sound... Maybe you can upload a sample of how it sounds? ^_^
Just trust a brotha on this one and order yourself one, it will surely be better than anything at the local shop. Plus you have 15 days to return if you don't like which you wont return cuz it's gonna rock your damn socks off. :lol: