1349: Official 'Massive Cauldron Of Chaos' Listening Party To be Held At DUFF'S BROOK

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The official listening party for "Massive Cauldron Of Chaos", the new album from Norway's masters of blackened sonic evil 1349, will be held on Saturday, September 27 at 10:00 p.m. at Duff's Brooklyn in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. The address is: Duff's Brooklyn 168 Marcy Avenue (between S 5th & Broadway) Williamsburg, New York For more information, visit www.duffsbrooklyn.com. "Massive Cauldron Of Chaos" will be released in North America on September 30 via Season Of Mist. The follow-up to 2010's "Demonoir" is described by 1349 drummer Kjetil-Vidar "Frost" Haraldstad (also of SATYRICON) as "unmisakeably 1349." He tells PlanetMosh.com: "It doesn't really mean that we have changed the type of music we're playing, it's more that we have brought something into the spirit and the expression that was already there, and we took it to a higher level, actually. So the songs are, for me, becoming more alive on this album than any of the previous ones. And I also think that the album is very spiritual, very dark and it has… How should I put it? It's very evident that we mean it. So I guess that there's a very convincing spirit and attitude thing present in the album. I guess that it will eventually be up to the listeners to decide that, but I feel, myself, anyway that this album really carries the mark of conviction. And, of course, it's really dark. And there are some thrashy elements. Although they are not new to the band; we have done some thrash stuff on all our albums, almost, at least most of them, but perhaps in a slightly different way on this album, so that's kind of new as well, and it works like hell." "Massive Cauldron Of Chaos" track listing: 01. Cauldron 02. Slaves 03. Exorcism 04. Postmortem 05. Mengele's 06. Golem 07. Chained 08. Godslayer To shorten the wait, the band has decided to bring a digital single, "Slaves", on the market, in addition to a special seven-inch single, limited to 666 copies. The single was made available on digital services from April 4, the same day as the band's U.S. tour started. Regarding the new track "Slaves", vocalist Ravn commented: "We chose 'Slaves' because it showcases very well the spirit of the coming album."
1349duffsparty2014_638.jpg

More...