15.02.2011 - Edmonton - Events Center - USA

reignofterror

On The Road to Ruin
Nov 10, 2009
I can't believe this show happens to be on the same day as the Finnish Metal Tour, which is playing at another club in the city. What horrible scheduling, as I would have liked to attend both concerts, and I'm sure plenty of metal heads from the city and surrounding areas are now being forced to make a choice over which show to attend.

It's unfortunate that this date was not a single day earlier, or later, or that it could not be switched with the Calgary date.
I wonder if the tour promoter or booking agent was aware of this when they went ahead and booked dates. I would have loved to have seen Turisas live again, but since I already have my tickets for the Finnish Metal Tour with Finntroll and Ensiferum, it looks like I won't be attending.

If anyone knows of any way to perhaps contact whoever booked the tour, I would appreciate it if the information was forwarded to me. It's probably futile, but I'd still like to point this conflict out. There are a lot of metal heads in the Edmonton area, and both tours (and all the bands) in question will be losing out on this date as people will be forced to choose which show they would rather go to.

where did you see the gig being confirmed?

EDIT: found it

Let´s see when an official TURISAS-statement follows :D

Either way, I think myself and a few friends are just going to suck it up and make a six hour round trip to go see them the next night.
This seems to be the best (and probably only) solution.