16/04/2011: SORE (Vic), Mother Eel + Others @ Lewisham Hotel

MotherEel

Jun 9, 2008
Blue Mountains, Australia
We're announcing our return to the live scene. Here's the details!!

SORE (Vic), Mother Eel, Inebrious Bastard, Kunvuk + TBA
16th Of April, 2011, Lewisham Hotel, 794 Parramatta Rd, Lewisham
Doors open at 7:30pm, first band on 8pm

With a reputation that precedes them, SORE, from Victoria, will be showcasing their cruel form of music: featuring harsh tones and severe volume. Such is their live show that it has seen them banned from venues in Victoria. SORE has not returned to Sydney since their now infamous appearance in 2009. They are set to play this exclusive show and doom you all to oblivion.

Sydney's most intense live band, Mother Eel, will be affirming their extreme notoriety that has previously seen them banned from several venues, making big-talking metalheads whimper while they scramble to escape the oppressive style of extreme metal. This gig will also welcome two new members to the band: Matt, adding a more caustic drumming style and Jo, bring more dissonance and volume through her guitar. Mother Eel has not played in Sydney in over a year and this is possibly their only Sydney Show this year.

Fast and violent, Inebrious Bastard, will punish the weak and the dumb. The band has developed a devoted following by forcing their abrasive version of art into the eyes and ears of those in attendance. Uncompromising and consistant, never failing to deliver on the talk of the previous show. Their spot on the night only adds to the already overly intense line up.

Bursting like the lords of time, or at least some form of mastering time signatures, Kunvuk, are showcasing their diverse style of metal. Thrashing, screaming, manic and enthusiastic, and possibley schizophrenic, all hailing from bands that formed the classics that you still worship today: jaws drop, necks snap.

Final band and artwork to be announced soon.

Oh and for those that are into this sort of thing: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191331890889739

Sore are awesome! Played with them back in Bendigo back in '08, and they played an awesome set!

I've got a feeling I'm away interstate that weekend, but if not I'll try and make the show.

Why did Sore get a ban from venues? Too loud?

I know that's why we've been banned from a venue before... hahaha
You'd probably be better of asking them. I think it's most likely to do with venue owners liking clean, easily digestible music - and they are not that, and the volume wouldn't help...

Announcing the final band to fill out the night! McLovin are a new band with fierce, crusty aggression and it this only one of their first few shows. Pummelling beats hold together a chaotic performance that smashes through the sound system and makes your cliché band that’s posing in front of a brick wall clutch at their throat in an attempt to keep the blood from coming out, the tears are already there. Stripped down and dirty, fast but not too fast and with just enough sludge to support a toxic wasteland.

Flyer to be released shortly.

Grindhead Records & Agitator Records Present:

l.jpg

Just for this gig there's a New Shirt Design up:
work.6816278.1.fig,navy,mens,fbfbfb.mother-eel-symmetry-logo-white-v3.jpg

Grim metal logo as designed by blackened design expert Machinoir.
Buy them by clicking here, and choose whatever colour combination you might enjoy! Also available as a sticker, buy 6 or more and get them for half price.

Should be a good night...

Mother Eel will you be bringing a range of your shirts to this gig? I know u offer them online but rather get them at the gig.

p.s. I met u at the Sando a few months back...

I know that you did! Wasn't it awesome?!?! lol
As for the range of shirts... I don't have the cash to put towards a run of them unfortunately. I think I have like 8 of the white turle ones left and that's it.

Promo release supporting the Intense night of Extreme Music available at Crypt Designers Guild through Agitator Records.

And remember, this isn't a gig where you come for one or two bands, this is a night to experience. Come for the first band at 8pm, you will be shredded and crushed.
You are human, it's what you deserve.

I know that you did! Wasn't it awesome?!?! lol
As for the range of shirts... I don't have the cash to put towards a run of them unfortunately. I think I have like 8 of the white turle ones left and that's it.

I know right arn't I just the most awesome person ever... Im sure I totaly like made your night! :puke:

online it is...

Except for leaving out the 'e' in aren't, you're alright. HAHAHA!
Being recognised/known for anything kinda makes my night.
Cool! Hope you have the shirt in time for the gig, then you can feel all warm knowing that your chest says something...

Nope shirt wont make it in time, where are they made? I think its a US site it was all in USD.
If thats the only spelling error I made then consider yourself lucky, grammer and spelling are my downfall.

I think I set the amounts to USD, with the current exchange rate you save up to or over $5 for most shirts. The company is owned and operated in Australia.
Did you see the show?
I didn't recognise you there, but there was a pretty good turn out.

Yeah I saw the show - really wasnt expecting the octopus tenticals, and in typical form my shirt arrived on monday!