188 Deads in Argentina ,during a Show

ednot_arg

New Metal Member
Jan 1, 2005
Last week there was a terrible accident in a place where anthrax was supposed to play in Feb26 in Buenos Aires , called "Republica of Cromagnon".

This was a very well known place for Bands , in buenos aires , but a fire started during the second song , and the exit doors where closed.

I sent this message on ly to promote safe Shows , and because i care for the band.

http://www.clarin.com argentinian newspaper

I thought somethting about this on the news. That sucks the emergency doors were locked. I hope the victims families are alright.

i think they're not supposed to be locked.. well i dunno if there's a law in argentina about it but there is in the US there has to be so many doors for so many people and they have to be unlocked and unblocked. it's a fucking emergency exit for chrissakes!
fucking shit
-Jono-

Arg_Hamster said:
Why does club owners keep the emergency doors locked? This is not the first time it has happenend. Does anybody know?
I think why some clubs here in the states do it is because of people trying to gain access for free or what not. They should just have better security. Its truley a tragedy

Sack said:
I think why some clubs here in the states do it is because of people trying to gain access for free or what not. They should just have better security. Its truley a tragedy

That is probably one of the top reasons. The door are locked to keep out the people who try to sneak in and yet they pack a place with a 1500 persons limit with 4000. :erk:

Arg_Hamster said:
That is probably one of the top reasons. The door are locked to keep out the people who try to sneak in and yet they pack a place with a 1500 persons limit with 4000. :erk:
What it really boils down to is greed. More people=more profit regardless of life

First of all , the owner of this place ia very well known motherfucker,always taking avantages of new bands , never spend a cent in security , now he is in jail and clain that was a sabotage.

second , none of the authorities confeirmed any version , but some people activated pirotecnical devices kwon as " 3 tiros " or "3 shoots" , it´s akind of flare that shots 3 lights into the sky ,

and most of the underground places have no security , the doors where colsed because the fans where trying to snake in for free.

Argentina , is having a very bad economical time , and it´s not exactly a paradise , that how a good night for alot of people transformed into a nightmare.

take care!