Jul 7, 2008
Same game as before...

Who is there, raise your hand? ^^

*Me raises both hands and jumps in joy*

I love it, finally in Jyväskylä, finally finally :D :D :D
no big travelling at least for this gig *laughing*

Alright - the setlist:

1. Victoriae
2. Arse Torches ( THIS is NOT my version. THAT was on the setlist. Believe me.)
3. One More (without the violin-beginning) :( :( :(
4. TVG
5. Great Escape
6. Holmgard
7. Portage
8. Jarisleif
9. Hunting Pirates
10. RRR
11. Stand up and Fight
----
12. Sahti Waari

okay, and then the mess started XD so much about "we only play stuff that´s on the setlist" - nope, memory testing for fans who try to write down the setlist afterwards ;))

13. Rasputin
14. Miklagard Overture
15. Battle Metal

:)

Weird thing, different report in English than in Finnish---maybe he wanted to make sure that a certain person understands what he writes *rolls eyes*

I won´t comment now. Otherwise the moderator of this forum will say something that is not very moderator-like, because she feels like it.

Only one thing: I will never make again space for some person wanting to see the supportband of Turisas in frontrow.

Well, interesting be part of a review right?

To be honest, that guy seemed to me too blinded about his thoughts about how "awesomeness" Daniel Lioneye was, and getting to be on the guest list, to be able to even write a fair review... As he wrote "doesn't seem to know any better". *shakes head* Seemed like that kind of guy that gets excited about anything black betal :/
But still I felt a little sorry for DL too because the audience was quite dead... So it wasn't really as awesome as he implies. To me. Maybe it could have been much better if the audience was more enthusiastic, but again, there was just a couple of songs that I could tell apart.
And why did Linde sing in that horrible, dissonant note all the time? o_O

I don't diss black metal automatically, but this just didn't strike me.

Yeah, I love it to be in reviews, especially in such kinds of reviews ha ha ha XD

Well, being honest and after those three gigs I am still not sure what was worse: Manu´s vocals or Linde´s backing vocals :S

I think that the sound of the grunting was good, but I hate it when you can't tell apart a single word... I like clearly articulated grunts.

the combination was just...not my taste at all. In JKL I still felt desperate, in Seinäjoki I started giving in and in HEL I gave in and just accepted it. XD

As he wrote "doesn't seem to know any better". *shakes head* Seemed like that kind of guy that gets excited about anything black betal :/

---

I don't diss black metal automatically, but this just didn't strike me.

Well, frankly, I'd say he doesn't even know his genre, or any genre, too well. He seems like the guy who wrote the review from Rytmis (more rant 'bout that case later), that he's all nuts about the fact that he's a friggin' reporter, zOMG! On the list and stuff! And of course that's necessary to mention as often as you ever can... But my point with his case is that he leans too much to other opinions with the genre, since I wouldn't categorize DL purely as black metal (who started to call them that anyway?). 'Kay, there's influences of it, and maybe it's just that I listen more Finnish than Norwegian black metal (unlike our reviewer here, according to Last.fm-profile), but anyway.

Oh, and almost forgot: at first he had titled Olli as "session violinist" in both reviews, but he corrected it at least to English version when I mentioned that it's a bit funny to call someone who's done three albums, thousands of gigs and dozens of interviews with the band a "session musician". :rolleyes:

Oh well, this was just slightly offtopic-ish need to make an epic facepalm. Let's just continue with more relevant subjects, shall we? *off to rant 'bout reviewers in Rytmis-thread*

yeah, bragging about this "uuuuh person xyz has put me on the list" - seriously, this comes from people who just want to be important. or want to feel at least like this.

haha he seriously called Olli a SESSION musician? o_O ehrm alright, I wonder where he researched. Awesome.

Well it´s not that offtopic since it´s based on the JKL-report of that person, so, dancing on the razorblade, but I keep it as on-topic. ;))

haha he seriously called Olli a SESSION musician? o_O ehrm alright, I wonder where he researched. Awesome.

Oh yes, he actually did! Didn't know whether to cry or laugh, what the heck is wrong with these Finnish reporters? :'D