2004 What a Great Year for INTENSE

sean-intense

Voice of INTENSE
Sep 9, 2002
UK
www.intense-uk.com
Just a quick reflection on what 2004 did for INTENSE .... Twas a great year indeed...

Most importantly it saw Second Sight released through Underground Symphony (a little delayed but finally came out in May) ..

The French NTS release came out shortly before... you know you hear all those bad things about labels ...well NTS was one of those labels, still got 2000 copies of the album out in France (and a few other places it shouldn't have got to .. tut tut :p)

Old Bass Player Adrian Lambert under estimated the lack of time he'd have for INTENSE after doing Dragonforce so had to leave to be replaced by STEVE BRINE who's worked out really well which was a big plus for the band.

In a show-tastic year we played 14 shows which is more than the previous 3 years put together. We played our first shows in Germany (thanks to Dennis Strillinger and Jorn from Remedy) including the Metal Bash festival which was a lot of fun.
Stand out show of course was the Bloodstock Festival where we were overwhelmed by the reaction we received from a very enthusiastic very large crowd at 11.55am on the Saturday morning... still brings a smile to my face when i watch the footage we shot..:headbang:

Thanks to Vince for having us on and to Lee, Rog Pattison and everyone else who looked after us on the days ... it was truly a great experience.
Special thanks to everyone who turned up for our set and made it such a superb 30 minutes... :worship:

Thanks also to James for Fliming the show, Maria for selling loads of Merch for us :D , our good friends Mercury Rain for letting us share their stall.

We also shot our first ever video. War of Angels was included on the Bloodstock NBOBM DVD and was a straight performance shoot ...a lot of hard work and fun ...

After the great BS experience we also WON an online poll among the Bloodstockers on who they would like to see open Bloodstock Open Air. It was just for fun but beating such great bands as Mercury Rain, fourwaykill and Panic Cell was awesome.

On top of this we recruited Merch Girl Maria Hannay-Young who even had the balls to do the German shows with us even though she didn't know us that well :D .. thanks for you help and dedication Maria and saving me the headache of worrying about the merch.. lol.

We also got the album out in the States through some independants and into the CENTURY MEDIA catalogue also (thanks Zane) ..

On top of that we've had a lot of great reviews from many countries and the support that has been shown to us has been great...

We've also met a lot of good people this year that have been extremely helpful and supportive to the band...Glyn, Sol, Jono, Carole, Jason Ritchie, Dennis, Jorn, Jon from MR (for his graphic skills) and countless others .. you know who you are....

We've also played with some very cool (in the main :p) bands this year too.. Powerquest, Mercury Rain, Seraphim, Chainheart, Folkedudell, Seasons End, Humanity, Conquest of Steel,Chariot, Jester's Funeral, Anti Trust, Infobia, Soliloquy, 4WK ..

A hectic but extremely fulfilling year for the band... we are now writing for the new album which we will be recording in May back at Thin Ice with Mr Karl Groom yet again... we are also booking shows for 2005 NOW!! :D

Its been a pleasure meeting you Sean mate and helping out in any ways we can! I'm looking forward to what will undoubtedly be a fantastic year for Intense, Power Metal UK and the UK metal scene as a whole!
Bring it on!

A quick review of 2004 was what I was expecting but well I should have known better that with Sean going through it all I would end up spending at least 10 minutes reading it :p It was a great year for you guys, 2005 will top it. Keep rockin' fellas.... :headbang:

Jonoleth said:
Its been a pleasure meeting you Sean mate and helping out in any ways we can! I'm looking forward to what will undoubtedly be a fantastic year for Intense, Power Metal UK and the UK metal scene as a whole!
Bring it on!
Hey Jono, same goes here mate and as i mentioned your support is more than welcome :D I also think this year has a lot of potential for the UK Metal Scene..:headbang:

I was chuffed as fuck to see the Intense album finally come out last year, good to see you guys battering away at the scene! Looking forward to the new album and a chance to see the band live :) Gofer it!