2015 Enjoyable Releases

Here are a few of mine. Not necessarily old school or metal.

Abnormal Thought Pattern - Altered States of Consciousness (Instrumental prog metal from Zero Hour Tipton brothers)

I didn't know it was instrumental, the info I had said it was a mixture of DM and Djent.

Gonna check it out based on your recommendation.

I need to check this one out.. I heard some reviews that were well... not to good. But if it is even close to Siam level then I have to get it. I really liked "Vital Designs"

Vital Designs was really good. Over My Dead Body's quite not on par with Siam - several songs are all over the place stylistically - but 5-6 of the 11 tracks are really good. Of those half-dozen, 2-3 have a serious classic Siam sound (No Love Lost and Time Waits For No One are basically Siam songs), and 2-3 others sound like classic Shy (Somewhere in London is a killer track). Northern Star is a power metal tune, and it's cool to hear Tony singing on something that heavy.

Does anyone like the new Slayer?

I definitely don't hate it. I didn't enjoy the last one really much at all, but this one has stuff I like. Most tracks are pretty solid. I don't notice Holt all that much on it, but I was surprised how much I do like it!!

Also enjoying the new Maiden and Symphony X albums a lot... and unless Queensryche has something to say about it (which from what I've heard is definitely possible!) Symphony X - Underworld is on track for my #1 this year.

I definitely don't hate it. I didn't enjoy the last one really much at all, but this one has stuff I like. Most tracks are pretty solid. I don't notice Holt all that much on it, but I was surprised how much I do like it!!

Also enjoying the new Maiden and Symphony X albums a lot... and unless Queensryche has something to say about it (which from what I've heard is definitely possible!) Symphony X - Underworld is on track for my #1 this year.

Yea, I didn't want to slam my opinion right in there but I love the new Slayer album. Personally I think it's the best they done in years. I like everything about it, including the heavy production, Terry Date, and the sleeve. :)

My contender of the #1 position of the year, up till now, is an album most of you will not like or know.

It's Rivers of Nihil with their album "Monarchy". One of the best albums I ever heard. Especially the second half of the album. :headbang:

i like the new slayer. just picked up the new operation mindcrime release. the new keith richards is really good. need to pick up the new prince