25th anniversary of Anthrax's Persistence of Time album - August 21st

officially a fan before this album came out,having bought all there previous stuff having been exposed to atl and soe I couldn't wait for this one,only regret is not seeing them live on this tour,not sure if I thought I was too young to go to a metal concert or I was a tad lazy,I know they came out really quick to tour and it hurt there attendances etc,long songs were in trend back then

This is the album that sealed it for me forever about Anthrax being my band. As one who always marches to my own beat through life, this album fueled that beat and everything else after it. I wore out two of my friends copies of this cassette listening to it so much. Everyone loved Metallica, me I was for Anthrax. Metallica was awesome at the time, but for me Anthrax was more my style.

Banging your head with your buddies to Got the Time instead of Bohemian Rhapsody ... priceless. \m/.

This is the album that sealed it for me forever about Anthrax being my band. As one who always marches to my own beat through life, this album fueled that beat and everything else after it. I wore out two of my friends copies of this cassette listening to it so much. Everyone loved Metallica, me I was for Anthrax. Metallica was awesome at the time, but for me Anthrax was more my style.

Wow.

You couldn't have summed up for me about Anthrax / POT more accurately right there mate!!!! Horns up!!!!

Would be cool if they did a couple tracks from this album on their next shows but probably not due to the Spreading The Disease re-issue.

Any info on that re-issue? Haven't heard anything, think it was supposed to have an October release.

POT is for me THE Anthrax album. It pretty much represents a time when I was new-ish to Metal back in the late 80s and pushing into the 90s. This album, Metallica's ... And Justice for All, Megadeth's So So Good, So What and Maiden's 7th son.

Such a great time - I was a 15-16 year old teenager and I remember just being so wrapped up in these albums ... I literally plastered every school book, school bag, available space with drawings of Eddie, the Not Man and Dorothy.

Ah what a time to be alive. Then POT came along and bam... was amazing. I drew that POT clock to death. And the holy grail (tour tshirt with the clock on the front) was THE shirt to be worn.

And I would kill for a remastered version of POT. KILL FOR IT!