26.01.2007 · METAL BLADE RECORDS EUROPE WILL RE-ISSUE THE FIRST TWO BRAINSTORM ALBUMS

Marlies

veteran headbanger \m/
Jan 3, 2002
Regina, SK, Canada
www.wobben.org
METAL BLADE RECORDS EUROPE WILL RE-ISSUE THE FIRST TWO BRAINSTORM ALBUMS "HUNGRY" AND "UNHOLY" WITH TONS OF BONUS MATERIAL!

Both albums will be released the 23rd of March (G/A/S) / 26th of March (Europe). Both albums (2CD double-digipacks) will be available for the price of a regular CD!

Here's what Torsten Ihlenfeld (guitar) has to say about the packages as well as the complete tracklisting!

"When we played our tour for "Liquid Monster" we realised after a few glasses of wine that in 2007 it would be ten years since the release of our debut album "Hungry". Besides the typical whining around how fast time flies by, etc… we also came up with something creative. Why not re-releasing the debut album as well as it's successor "Unholy"? Both records were not available anymore for quite some time and the timing seemed perfect to us. No new album in 2007, but two re-issues of our first two albums. Of course we didn't just want to re-release the albums in its original version and after searching the archives, we found some really cool bonus material to include. Next up it was clear that we wanted to remaster both albums and even re-mix the "Hungry" album if in anyway possible - and we did!!! This is definitely the best possible sound you can get of the first two Brainstorm albums! Compare it to the originals which are included as a bonus in the very same package(s)."

Both albums will as well include renewed front art and booklets!

"About the bonus material (remastered as well!) - the "Hungry" album includes our "5th Season" demo from 1994 with six songs and a running time of 30 minutes. This demo gives you the chance to travel to the very early days of the band and yes, we are still very proud of the demo and quite satisfied with it! "Unholy" includes two demos, "Heart Of Hate" from 1993 and the "Promo 96" demo, plus the original Japanese bonus track of "Unholy". 5 songs in total clocking in after 25 minutes."

"We as a band celebrate the first decade of Brainstorm releases with these re-issues and we hope you guys out there enjoy these albums as much as we still do!"

"On another note - a Brainstorm DVD is in the works where you can (among tons of other stuff) also see footage from the old days. We hope to release the DVD by the end of June, 2007."

"And to all those asking for a new album. Be cool! A new Brainstorm album will be recorded later on this year to be released in early 2008! We will continue our crusade and hope the next decade will be even more successful than the first one!"

hung_re250.jpg

Brainstorm - Hungry (RE + bonus)

packaging: double digipack

re-mastered album "Hungry":
- Nails In My Hands
- King Of Fools
- Innocent Until Caught
- The Other Side
- Tomorrow Never Comes
- Liar's Edge
- Tell Tale Heart
- Welcome To The Other Side
- Bring You Down
- Deep Down Into Passion
- Mr. Know-It-All
playing time: almost 50 minutes!

plus 6 bonus tracks ("5th Season" demo, 1994):
- Liar's Edge (demo version)
- Live In Shame
- Kamikaze
- Up From The Ashes
- Blind
- Reach For The Sky
playing time: almost 30 minutes

plus the original "Hungry" album on CD 2
Total playing time: almost 130 minutes

unh_re250.jpg

Brainstorm - Unholy (RE + bonus)

packaging: double digipack

re-mastered album "Unholy":
- MCMXCVIII
- Holy War
- Here Comes The Pain
- Voices
- The Healer
- Don't Stop Believing
- Heart Of Hate
- Rebellion
- For The Love Of Money
- Love is A Lie
- Into The Fire
- Dog Days Coming Down
- Wooly Bully (original bonustrack)
playing time: over 63 minutes

plus 2 bonus tracks ("Heart Of Hate" demo, 1993):
- Heart Of Hate (Demoversion)
- Valley Of The Kings
playing time demo tracks: 15 minutes

plus original "Unholy" album on CD 2 incl. original Japan bonus ""Up From The Ashes"

plus 2 bonus tracks ("Promo 96" demo, 1996):
- The Other Side (demo version)
- Suck My Energy
playing time demo tracks: 12 minutes
total playing time: over 150 minutes!

GNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :OMG::OMG::OMG:

You really making me crazy! :loco::loco:

Not just playing my very favourite songs live in Bochum... now you rereleasing my favourite albums with demos that are ultra-rare (okay i got the Hand of Doom but it took me years of waiting to get it together with the Hungry on ebay!)

I begged you to do this (and to play WSIS and DSB live) for a long time and now i realized i just have to be patient and you fulfill my wishes :worship:

GUYS YOU ROCK! You making me really happy in the last time, really!

But it makes me buy Albums i already have, but i can live with that :)

i still CAN´T belive it :loco::headbang:
Now you're guilty making my ass full of flies (bad translated german speech haha)... can´t wait that 8 weeks

Made my day... really made it!

regards
Sebastian

np: Dont Stop Believing - song of the moment, always made me follow the line when i´m in a bad mood, i´m serious! :headbang:

hmm vB restricts postings to 15 smileys (was 17 *g*)

Sweeeeeeeet!!! I was so stoked at Progpower USA I found 'Unholy" in a tin casing:headbang: :headbang: first time I heard it, great stuff!! Can't wait to get a reissue of Hungry!

So is the States gonna get these released as well? Through Metal Blade (US)?

This is great news...I knew there was a reason why I named my cover-art scan of Ambiguity, "Brainstorm03 - Ambituity" rather than "Brainstorm01 -...."

For those in the US that may want to get these re-issues, about your only choice is Ebay. I just bought both of them for about $20 each including shipping. I don't usually like to spend more than $14 or so for CDs (including shipping), but I figure these being 2-CD sets with several bonus tracks (the demos) on each release, I can justify the $20 expense tag.

Well, just got my two copies of the re-issues and so far let me say that I'm impressed. I'm currently listening to the original version of Hungry and even it sounds good.