40 Freaking Creepy Ass Two Sentence Stories

Some are old creepypasta, some are new and quite good, and others are kinda uninspired.

Another two-sentence classic: "Your daughter stands by your bed and says, "I had a bad dream daddy, and in the dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing mommy's skin sat up." You can't take your eyes off your daughter as the covers behind you begin to shift."

Or: "As you walk past the mirror in your hall, you see fingerprints on the surface. Annoyed, you take a piece of cloth and attempt to wipe them away, until you realize that the fingerprints are on the inside of the glass..."

But the best piece of creepypaste I have ever read will always be this one. It was a bit shoddily written, so I re-wrote it to be a bit less 'internetty'.

A salesman is sent to a convention by his employer. Since the congress takes place on Saturday, he decides to fly over there and not leave until the day after, booking a hotel in a small town just outside the city, so he can combine the congress with a relaxing stay in the rural area.

When he arrives at the hotel, a charming little place at the edge of a large forest, the hostess checks his reservations with a smile and accepts his credit card. Before she hands him his room key, though, she tells him, “Your room is room six. On the way to your room, you’ll pass room three. You’ll see the door’s boarded shut. Just walk past that door, pretend it doesn’t exist.”

“Sure,” the salesman says. It’s not like it’s his business why a room is boarded up anyway, he figures. “No problem.”

“Even if you hear sounds coming from there, even if you see light in the crack under the door,” the hostess warns, “don’t ask if everything’s alright, don’t knock, don’t try to go in, just walk past. Will that be possible?”

“Absolutely,” the salesman says. “I’m here to go to a congress and relax, not to mind other people’s affairs.”

Smiling again, she hands him his room key and says, “Have a wonderful stay, and if there’s anything you need, don’t hesitate.”

The salesman thanks her and goes to his room. As he does so, he passes room number three, and indeed, the door is boarded up. But, like he said, he isn’t here to stick his nose into other people’s business, so he just unpacks his suitcase, brushes his teeth and gets into bed.

The next day, he gets up, showers, and puts his clothes on. Suit and tie, because he has to go to the convention. As he leaves his room, however, he spots the door to room number three again. And even though he heard or saw nothing unusual, the hostess’ warning made him curious. It was probably just some attempt to make the hotel more interesting by suggesting some sort of paranormal hokey anyway. So after briefly checking if the hallway’s empty, he bends over and peers through the keyhole.
Through the small hole, he sees what appears to be a black-haired, pale-skinned female figure with her back turned to him, dressed in a white nightgown, leaning against the wall.

Not knowing what to make of the sight (how can someone live in a boarded-up room?), he goes to the congress, but as he’s there, the door is still on his mind.
The congress goes on until late, and when he arrives back at the hotel, he resolves to go straight to bed. However, when he passes room number three, he stops and wonders, thinking maybe his eyes played tricks on him this morning. Again briefly checking the hallway, he peers through the keyhole again, but this time he sees nothing but red. Thinking the occupants may have noticed him peeking earlier, he figures that they’ve hung something red, a cloth or the like, over the keyhole to stop people from looking, and he supposes they’re right to do so. He goes to his room and goes to sleep.

The next morning, checks out and hands the hostess his key back, and she asks him if he’s had a good stay. After a moment’s hesitation, he says, “Yes, everything was fine, except, well…”
The hostess gives him a disappointed look and asks, “Room three, right?”
“Yeah, what’s with that room?”
Sighing, the hostess asked, “Did you look through the keyhole?”
“Well… yeah,” he admits.
“I might as well tell you the whole story then. A few years ago, a woman was murdered by her husband in that room. Her ghost still haunts the room, so we boarded it up to keep it there.”
“Wait, wait… a ghost?” the man asks incredulously.
“That’s right.”
“How do you even know it’s a ghost at all?”
“Because of her eyes,” the hostess says. “They’re completely red.”

Why wouldn't they just board up over the keyhole as well, so no one can see in?

I guess it wouldn't be much of story then :)

You know what pisses me off? Some of those two sentence stories are scarier than anything put on film in the last 30 years.

haha yeah, or investigating that particularly odd sound coming from the basement or forest.

That too. And now that we're on the subject, something I never understood in horror films. The main character is stalked by a mysterious creature, has possibly seen her friends die (because come on, she's always female), doesn't know when the cosmic horror will strike next, BUT! It's eleven in the evening, time to get into bed and sleep.

HOW DO THESE PEOPLE SLEEP?!

I always think about the trauma they'll endure for the rest of their lives...

They'll never sleep well again. They'll never hold a relationship. They'll never hold a decent job. They'll probably end up in a psyche ward. They'll have nightmares every night for the rest of their lives.

Absolutely, absolutely, but what possesses them to get into bed and close their eyes when all kinds of horrible monsters or ghosts stalk them? Would you just go upstairs, brush your teeth, put on your Spongebob pyjamas and lay your head on the pillow?