6 String Bass

Nefarious_

Messiah with no disciples
I'm hoping to buy a 6 string bass soon and I wondered if anyone knew which makes/models are best. I can probably spend up to £1000 but I don't want to, I want good value for money rather than just an expensive instrument.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Go here> www.xe.com if you want to find out what £1000 is in other currency.

Nefarious_ said:
I'm hoping to buy a 6 string bass soon and I wondered if anyone knew which makes/models are best. I can probably spend up to £1000 but I don't want to, I want good value for money rather than just an expensive instrument.

So, anyone have any suggestions?

Go here> www.xe.com if you want to find out what £1000 is in other currency.

I have 2 6 strings - an Ibanez BTB series, lists for around $700 or so, and an Ibanez SR3006, which is around $1,200.00. The SR3006 is a nicer guitar, slightly narrower neck and is a 34 inch scale as opposed to the BTB being a 35 inch scale. I have the BTB tuned like a normal 6 string bass, and my SR3006 tuned like a guitar - I use the BTB for ryhthms and the SR3006 for solos You can check outpics of the guitars under "Music" on my site (www.deadcoldday.com).

They are both AWESOME basses, and I highly reccommend them...but there are others out there - I just can't give a good review since I haven't played many besides mine.

Hope that helps...let me know if you have any other questions.

JB :headbang: :headbang: :hotjump: :headbang: :headbang:

Half a year ago our bassist got a used six-string bass which definitely was one of the best deals ever.

It's a Tobias (by Gibson) six-string, neckthru with active electronics.
Awesome build quality, it sounds and feels really great. You can get a wide array of sounds with the active electronics, from warm and soft till crystal clear everything is possible.
He couldn't be any happier, this bass has even stopped him GASing for a Modulus. (and you know how much these cost, don't you?) ;)

Oh yes, he paid 550 EURO for it... bought it in a shop here in Hamburg, perfectly set up with new strings and a gigbag. :)