6505 + Impules, EZ, rock/pop song...

Holy shit!! Love this tone. Can you give more details on guitars and drums? Drums sound bad ass!! What I think would make it even better is a real bass right underneath that tone. SICK!!

Thank you all for the feedback. :kickass:

For the drums I used Ezdrummer Nashville-set since I love especially all the cymbals in it. I replaced the kick and the snare with Behindert's samples.

I recorded the guitars at very low volume level using green channel. Settings were something like pregain 4, bass 3, mids 5, high 4, resonance 3, presence 5.5. I have to check the settings tomorrow. I also post the posteq settings tomorrow.

Almost forgot that I used parallel compression for the guitars. Never done that before. But I'm sure this won't be the last time. :headbang:

I did another "6505+impulse tone test" trying to achieve Devin Townsend's tone of the song "Storm". Check it out!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=903110

this guitar tone is killer!
the drums sound really weak IMHO, i love the EZ and i know that
it can sound much better with the right tweaking. just give it another try!
i usually mix the EZ with the slate samples, slate for power :)D) and EZ for a more natural sound.

the song is ok. it's really hard to judge without vocals etc.

cheers
S.

the Storm clip sounds great! really close man.

what impulse was that? same one?

this guitar tone is killer!
the drums sound really weak IMHO, i love the EZ and i know that
it can sound much better with the right tweaking. just give it another try!
i usually mix the EZ with the slate samples, slate for power :)D) and EZ for a more natural sound.

the song is ok. it's really hard to judge without vocals etc.

cheers
S.

Thanks! I have to try some other samples. I wish I had money to buy slate drums! :erk: Yeah the song sounds quite boring right now since the vocals aren't done yet. Also lacking some of the guitar parts.

Same impulse in the storm clip. "edge sneap" with some heavy post equing.

So listened again...I was so in awe of that guitar sound!! But yeah the drums do have that ezdrummer signature sound especially the toms. Not much life to em, a little stale, no big room sound. If you could now manage to get a kick ass drum sound with that guitar sound..wa wa wee wa.