70s Hard Rock

Rumpole

Dust and Bones
Apr 18, 2006
Perth, Western Australia
Pretty self explanatory, recommend me Thin Lizzy, Rose Tattoo, Rainbow, AC/DC, Kiss, UFO etc etc's best stuff. Plus any other classic bluesy/hard rock type stuff you can think of, strictly 70s. Cheers.

KISS = Sucks
AC/DC = Sucks
So forget them

As for the rest, just fucking buy something by them. There are tons of greatest hits sets that should point you in the right direction.

Rainbow - Rising
Try Blue Cheer.
Black Sabbath and Motorhead - I dunno how to classify their 70s stuff. Somewhere in between metal and hard rock.
Stevie Ray Vaughan - Not actually 70s, but you wouldn't really know it. Amazing guitarist. Get In Step.

AC/DC = Sucks

Get the fuck out of my house.

Black Sabbath and Motorhead - I dunno how to classify their 70s stuff. Somewhere in between metal and hard rock.

Their 70s shit is metal. Black Sabbath is pretty much the first doom metal band.

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Not actually 70s, but you wouldn't really know it. Amazing guitarist. Get Couldn't Stand the Weather

Fixed it. Get In Step last. There's great material on that album, but the first two albums (Texas Flood being the first album and CSTW being the second) are a much better introduction to SRV. How WeAreInFlames can suggest SRV but hate Hendrix when Hendrix was one of SRV's main inspirations is just mind boggling

As for Thin Lizzy, get Jail Break

Sorry Ozzman, Ac dc sucks.

Here's a few great and pretty much unheard 70's blues/hard rock stuff.
Robin Trower (fantastic blues guitarist you can tell smoked a LOT of pot) I'd start off with Bridge of Sighs. Very underrated album.
Frank Marino & Mahagony Rush

I'm a huge UFO fan so I'd start off with Lights Out. It has most of their hits on it. And if you could find it, get their LIVE BBC.

AC/DC rule. You can't go wrong with any of the Bon Scott albums, they're all awesome. My faves are Highway To Hell, TNT and Let There Be Rock. As far as the Brian Johnson albums go, Back In Black and For Those About To Rock are the best.

Jailbreak is Thin Lizzy's best. As for UFO, I'd get Light's OuT like Belligerant said above. For Rainbow, I like Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow as it's the only one I have.

And AC/DC has some good stuff. I think they're a little overrated though.

Mathias took care of what you asked for but let me add these essentials-->

Sir Lord Baltimore - Self Titled
Socrates Drank The Conium - On The Wings
Captain Beyond - Self Titled
Atomic Rooster - Death Walks Behind You
Budgie - s/t, Squawk, Bandolier, Never Turn Your Back on A Friend, etc
Irish Coffee - Self Titled
Jerusalem - Self Titled
Buffalo - Volcanic Rock
Leafhound - Growers of Mushroom
Truth and Janey - No Rest For The Wicked
Rainbow - Rising, etc
Blues Creation - Demon and Eleven Children

....and that's just merely scratching the surface. And if you want to travel outside the realm of strictly "hard rock", there is even more superb stuff.

Led Zeppelin ruled, they could be heavy, soft, or anything in between. The music is fun to play, the riffs are amazing and timeless. Jimmy Page is a true wizard, and I think the song remains the same dvd proved that.

Led Zeppelin ruled, they could be heavy, soft, or anything in between. The music is fun to play, the riffs are amazing and timeless. Jimmy Page is a true wizard, and I think the song remains the same dvd proved that.

Led Zep is awesome! Also ELP. Greatness.

How about Judas Priest's Sin After Sin? (the whole album)

I like a lot of the artists mentioned and would agree that you get stuff by them:p

Thin Lizzy are great, I can't recommend anything because I don't know which good songs are from the 70s as far as I know they hadn't yet settled on hard rock at that time.

AC/DC's good... any of their classic albums will do. Just look at the back of the CD and if you know any of the songs off of it, it's good stuffs.

Robin Trower is definetly a band to get. Really groovey, pretty unique kind of stuff. Also Ten Years After is a band to get into, I reccomend Cricklewood Green or A Space In Time.