80 or so cassettes for trade/sale

jimbobhickville

Tyrant in Distress
I have a bunch of cassettes to get rid of. Some are pretty rare, some are really rare, some are not rare at all. These cassettes all played fine last time I listened to them, but I make no guarantees (they've been sitting in a box for 6 years or so). The inserts are all there and are in good shape. Here they are:

Annihilator - "Never, Neverland"
Anthrax - "Fistful of Metal"
Anthrax - "Armed and Dangerous"
Anthrax - "Spreading the Disease"
Anthrax - "Among the Living"
Anthrax - "I'm the Man"
Anthrax - "State of Euphoria"
Anthrax - "Attack of the Killer B's"
Death Angle - "Act III"
D.R.I. - S/T
D.R.I. - "Four of a Kind"
D.R.I. - "Thrash Zone"
Exodus - "Impact is Imminent"
Flotsam and Jetsam - "No Place For Disgrace"
Flotsam and Jetsam - "When the Storm Comes Down"
Iron Maiden - "Piece of Mind"
Iron Maiden - "Somewhere in Time"
Kreator - "Endless Pain"
Kreator - "Out of the Dark...Into the Light"
Kreator - "Extreme Aggression"
Kreator - "Coma of Souls"
Megadeth - "Killing is My Business..." (original one w/ These Boots)
Megadeth - "Peace Sells..."
Megadeth - "So Far, So Good, So What"
Megadeth - "Hangar 18" (single)
Megadeth - "Symphony of Destruction" (single)
Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets" (single)
Metallica - "Whiplash" (ultra-rare EP)
Metallica - "Master of Puppets"
Metallica - "$5.98 EP - Garage Days Re-Revisited" (has 2 different inserts and is very rare)
Metallica - "One" (single)
Metallica - black album
Metallica - "Eye of the Beholder" (single)
Metallica - "Enter Sandman" (single)
Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam" (single)
Metallica - "Sad But True" (single)
Metallica - "The Unforgiven" (single)
Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters" (single)
Nuclear Assault - "Handle With Care"
Overkill - "Under the Influence"
Overkill - "The Years of Decay"
Overkill - "Horrorscope"
Pantera - "Cowboys From Hell"
Pantera - "Vulgar Display of Power"
Powermad - "The Madness Begins"
Powermad - "Absolute Power"
Sacred Reich - "Ignorance"
Sacred Reich - "A Question"
Sanctuary - "Into the Mirror Black"
Sepultura - "Beneath the Remains"
Sepultura - "Arise"
Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells" (single)
SOD - "Speak English or Die"
Suicidal Tendencies - "Controlled By Hatred..."
Suicidal Tendencies - "How Will I Laugh Tomorrow..."
Suicidal Tendencies - "Lights Camera Revolution"
Testament - "The Legacy"
Testament - "The New Order"
Vio-Lence - "Eternal Nightmare"
Vio-Lence - "Torture Tactics"
Vio-Lence - "Oppressing the Masses"

I'm open to trade or sale. I'll make someone a good deal on the whole lot (minus the "Whiplash" and "Garage Days Re-Revisited" 'cause they're damn rare) if they want it. I am only interested in receiving CDs. I have a CD trade thread in this forum; check that for my want list. PM me or post offers here.

Later.

Megadeth - "Hangar 18" (single)
Megadeth - "Symphony of Destruction" (single)
Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets" (single)

Metallica - "One" (single)
Metallica - "Eye of the Beholder" (single)
Metallica - "Enter Sandman" (single)
Metallica - "Wherever I May Roam" (single)
Metallica - "Sad But True" (single)
Metallica - "The Unforgiven" (single)
Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters" (single)

Sepultura - "Dead Embryonic Cells" (single)

---[Metallica - "Whiplash"
---[Metallica - "$5.98 EP - Garage Days Re-Revisited"

how much are you after jimbob? I've got no idea honestly about what tapes go for, im thinking not much (with exception of the two rare metallica ones....), but it's up to you.

Are you interested in Alchemist - Jar of kingdom? I'll trade you that for the singles... (like i said, i've go no idea about tapes, so whatever you're happy with)

What are you after for the two rare metallica tapes?

I am really really keen on this bunch...!

Yeah, I would think the singles are worth a buck or 2 each. I've only ever seen one copy of "Whiplash", so I imagine it is quite rare and valuable. Garage Days is pretty rare, too. I'll do some research and see if I can find a going rate on them. Of course, I'll beat the going rate :) I'll let you know. I found out about the Rust in Peace vinyl; you can buy it online for like $16 in the US, so it's worth about the same as a CD. Are there any CDs besides that Alchemist one that you can get your hands on pretty easily that I wouldn't be able to? I know you don't have the things on my want list, but I'm open to suggestions if you can think of anything else. I'd be willing to just sell you the whole lot, but you said you're not too keen on mailing money. Anyway, I'll find out about the value, and you get back to me if you can think of anything else you could trade.

Later.

Cool... thanks. Yeah, i imagine the Garage Days ep would be wortha bit more than 2$!! I've never even heard of the whiplash ep... a bootleg maybe?

Well, i can get my hands on nearly every alchemist cd... is there any that you don't have, and want?

What about Alarum?? That jazz/prog death band that i plugged on the Nevermore forum, i can get you their cd if you like...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=854444507
There is a description of Whiplash; I have the cassette version, though. They're asking $45 for the vinyl...which would make me think the tape is probably worth at least like $30. Garage Days tape was listed for like $10 on ebay and no bids yet, so I don't know what it'll get up to. I'm gonna post on the metallica board to see what they think they're worth.

Yeah, Alarum is cool. Do they have a real CD out there? I know I can order from mp3.com but they always have that cheap-o packaging. I'd prefer a real one. I may want the Eve of War or whatever it's called from Alchemist. I'll download it tonight. Any other Aussie bands I might like? I can d/l and check them out.

Later.

Yeah, Alarum is cool. Do they have a real CD out there? I know I can order from mp3.com but they always have that cheap-o packaging. I'd prefer a real one. I may want the Eve of War or whatever it's called from Alchemist. I'll download it tonight. Any other Aussie bands I might like? I can d/l and check them out.

it's actually to order straight from their site, so i assume it is the real thing. It will definately be better than mp3.com, for sure. The album has an awesome cover, and there is artwork and photography credits on their site... so yeah, i'm pretty sure it's the real thing.

he he... Eve of the war is reeeeeealy rare and expensive actually, there was only a few thousand made i think... but i'll have a look for you. :)

There is a few cool australian bands, i'll hook you up with some mp3s first to make sure you like the stuff... i'll have a look.

I can order either Quo Vadis CD too, they are a technical death band from canada... alot more thrash than technical, but awesome musicians. They're $30 aus, which is about $15/16us right? Pretty expensive for a cd, but if you're interested in that, i can get it.

uh... Have you got Alchemist - Organasm? I can order that from the same place for the same price...?

There's a few other cd's that they've got, but there is no garauntee that they are in stock:

Aghora,
Dark Angel
Forbidden
Liqiud Tension Experiment

it's a bit strange over here, there is some really rare stuff, you 'know, weird black metal and prog bands... but then if you ask for something like nevermore or opeth, they're like "Who?!".

yeah, I have Organasm. I d/l'ed some Quo Vadis a while back and remember deciding against them, but I can't remember why. I have all of the Aghora, Forbidden, and LTE CDs, but I only have "Time Does Not Heal" from Dark Angel. Which CDs could you get ahold of so I can check them out?

Also, I d/l'ed Alchemist "Lunasphere" and I'm liking it, so if you can get that, we'll at least have worked out part of the trade. Don't worry about "Eve of the War" if it's really hard to find. Is your copy of Jar of Kingdom the remastered one? If so, then I think I'd like that too (I listened to it again and liked it).

Something else I just remembered, I'd like Novembre's first 2 CDs. If either of those is available there, let me know. That's all I can think of right now.

I posted on the Metallica board about the cassettes, so I should have a value on them soon. We're getting pretty close to a deal here, I think.

Yeah, jar of kingdom is the remaster... it's a damn good cd actually, i just don't really give it much rotation on my player.

I can't get lunasphere, they sold them out unfortunately, sorry about that... You should download 'Road To Ubar', that song is totally crazy, i think it's off lunashpere...(?) I can only get 'Novembrine Waltz' by novembre, is that one of the ones you wanted?

I can get most dark angel cds:

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Dark Angel - Time Does Not Heal
Dark Angel - We Have Arrived
Dark Angel - Leave Scars
Dark Angel - Live Scars

(They're all $30 worth each... which is... around $15 american i think)

So... Jar of kingdom, a Dark Angel cd... That should cover the singles i think? Let me know when you find out how much the other two are...

http://www.rockinghorse.net
Rocking Horse Records
101 Adelaide Street
Brisbane
Queensland
Australia 4000

Phone 61 7 3229 5360

They're near you and they have 1 Unleashed Power and 2 Memento Mori CDs for pretty cheap (like $15 AUS each, I think they're used, but that's fine with me). I'd be interested in them (make sure the Memento Mori ones are actual studio CDs first, though. I dunno their CDs well enough to remember if they have live ones or comps). I'd be willing to trade all the tapes for those 3, plus Jar of Kingdom and the Meshuggah one you mentioned before. (it'd be 2 CDs for Whiplash, 1 for Garage Days, and 2 for all the singles) I think that'd be a fair deal; do you feel that is fair? Also, if you're still interested in the RIP vinyl, I'll have to figure out what to trade for that.

Let me know.

Yeah, rockinghorse is in the city... I'll do my best to get there, it's a pretty long way from where i live.

Yup, i looked up those cd's... there is no garauntee that they are in stock tho, rockinghorse is a black-hole when it comes to cds, they are on benches everywhere in no order... :) I can't seem to get the online order to work for some reason, hmm... I'll ring them up about it, and then go in and get them as soon as i can.

So if i can find those three... plus Jar of Kingdom and Meshuggah - CC/None... That would cover it all...

yeah, i'm heaps interested in RIP, for sure...

Edit: I'll burn you a copy of the Nevermore Demo too if you don't already have that, it is heaps cool... Unreleased song on it. The more people that have a copy, the better. :)

Hey, check out this CD list...

Bloodthrone - Storms of Apocalypse (CD + Sticker)
Ezurate - Infernal Dominatio (CD + Sticker)
Nokturne - Embracer of Dark Ages (CD)
V/A - In Memory of Celtic Frost (CD)

Email me at NocturnalNazgul@aol.com

If not I'll pay for it, but it'll take me maybe 3 weeks or so, so you can put them back up for trade then, if they are still there when I get my Gamma Ray Box I need money for right now :) Then i'll gladly buy them. Later.