80's metal using JSX

My ears are so F'ed up right now, I can't tell you much about the overall mix. But I'm a big 80's metal fan, and I love this kind of stuff. And from what I can tell, nice job. Keep it up!

I really like it, although i would like to see the snare gated and reverbed into the depths of hell. ;D
Oh! I almost forgot to mention that there is a wierd volumeshift in the vocals in the beggining.

can you describe a guitar full chain?
was it recorded on a tape?

and everything else - how it was recorded?

Hi everybody,
I can't tell you how much I appreciate your input. I am taking all of your advice seriously into consideration and I must admit I agree with all of your remarks.

As for the guitar recording chain, I used 2x57s into a Audient Mico.
The drums were played through a TD drumset, recorded as midi and then replaced.
The bass is an Ibanez (Gary Willis sig) into an Ampeg SVT4 pro and Ampeg 4x10 cab, recorded with an AT4033 straight to the Digi002
The vox were recorded using the AT4033 straight into the Digi002 (huge, huge mistake, I wish I had the preamp back then...)
I might try a different (a closer) mic placement now that I can at last get a tighter sound by using the channel/master volume trick(see below).

Thank you all again,
akarawd

PS. The amp is the JSX and I'm using this weird feature, were you use very little channel volume on Ultra (less than 2), crank the master and then use the volume knob of the Crunch channel (I mailed Peavey about this, they tried it and were shocked when they found out these 2 channels interact, and promised to get back to me as soon as they find out what is "wrong", as this happens to all JSXs)

Hi,
The cab is a Framus 2x12 loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s as Andy has suggested.

Regards,
akarawd

PS. I apologise for the short duration of the clip, however, as soon as the
mixing is finished I'll upload and inform as we're very close to releasing
this album.

Hi,
I'm really glad you guys are sharing your thoughts on this. I've implemented almost every piece of advice posted and I'm working hard on the midrange and tightness as I feel both suffer greatly.

Regards,
akarawd

PS. The amp is the JSX and I'm using this weird feature, were you use very little channel volume on Ultra (less than 2), crank the master and then use the volume knob of the Crunch channel (I mailed Peavey about this, they tried it and were shocked when they found out these 2 channels interact, and promised to get back to me as soon as they find out what is "wrong", as this happens to all JSXs)

that's just normal for amps that use LDR for channelswitching