90's Rock thread

Anthrax_Mosher

True Fan
Feb 5, 2005
California USA
Often times I will get in a huge listening binge of 1990's rock, a great time for music and I have many memories of that time. Some of what I've been listening to:

Anyone have any 90's favorites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some great bands there. AIC are tremendous. One of my all time favs.

My favorites from that era: AIC, Pearl Jam, STP, The Cranberries, Dog Eat Dog, many of these bands... including Bushthrax haha

Rage against the machine tore my head off,one of the best albums.

pantera kept me going thru the 90's,I was a late starter having only bought there album after hearing all the hype that there album went to number one in Australia USA and the UK,took me a while to digest that mindfuck of an album but once it got hold of me I went and bought CFh and from there vulgar,it was such u luxury to be able to be exposed to there music in such a short time.

I hated most of those 90's bands,stp,smashing pumpkins,aic,nirvana,sound garden,I could go on lol.

So in a nutshell it was pantera ratm and whatever anthrax stuff came out:)

Rage against the machine tore my head off,one of the best albums.

pantera kept me going thru the 90's,I was a late starter having only bought there album after hearing all the hype that there album went to number one in Australia USA and the UK,took me a while to digest that mindfuck of an album but once it got hold of me I went and bought CFh and from there vulgar,it was such u luxury to be able to be exposed to there music in such a short time.

I hated most of those 90's bands,stp,smashing pumpkins,aic,nirvana,sound garden,I could go on lol.

So in a nutshell it was pantera ratm and whatever anthrax stuff came out:)
I was playing a lot of shows back then and I got frustrated with all the bands that were piggy-backing off the Pantera thing, being in the south we played with a lot of redneck folks. They all copied Pantera and one band's guitar player even had an exact replica of dimebags guitar and they did a cover of "Walk". Uggh that's a great album but I like new stuff now.

RATM, of course, how could I forget them. And Smashing Pumpkins also.

Pantera is METAL, not 90's rock :lol:

Gin Blossoms ?!?!?

That is one band I absolutely loathe. Lets hit the time machine back to 1995. I got my first and only Tour of Duty to Saudi Arabia, helping with the UN Peacekeeping enforcing no-fly zones over Iraq and also hunting for Bin Laden over Somalia and eastern Africa.

So we are literally out in the middle of NOWHERE, no radio stations to be found driving around absolute dead music silence. Come to find out that the only tape available to listen to before my arrival is the Gin Blossoms. Lucky for my guys, I brought my entire collection of metal :D. Somewhere in the desert amongst the rest of the trash lies a cassette of that horrible ass band.

Them and Joan Osborne I just absolutely loathe.

As for favorite 90's bands...My first taste of Rage Against the Machine was Lollapalooza 93. When i walked out of my house before leaving for good later that summer I stripped my walls of all the awards and letters I had from my work with the Boy Scouts and Marching Band. The only thing I left on the wall was that picture of the flaming gas can of Rage against the machine.

I felt it said enough. I simply packed a bag, walked out the door without so much as a whisper and just let my actions speak for themselves. :)

Gin Blossoms ?!?!?

That is one band I absolutely loathe. Lets hit the time machine back to 1995. I got my first and only Tour of Duty to Saudi Arabia, helping with the UN Peacekeeping enforcing no-fly zones over Iraq and also hunting for Bin Laden over Somalia and eastern Africa.

So we are literally out in the middle of NOWHERE, no radio stations to be found driving around absolute dead music silence. Come to find out that the only tape available to listen to before my arrival is the Gin Blossoms. Lucky for my guys, I brought my entire collection of metal :D. Somewhere in the desert amongst the rest of the trash lies a cassette of that horrible ass band.

Them and Joan Osborne I just absolutely loathe.

:lol: I like Gin Blossoms, but that's a great story!

I was playing a lot of shows back then and I got frustrated with all the bands that were piggy-backing off the Pantera thing, being in the south we played with a lot of redneck folks. They all copied Pantera and one band's guitar player even had an exact replica of dimebags guitar and they did a cover of "Walk". Uggh that's a great album but I like new stuff now.

It's called southern metal :p

I used to really love Collective Soul. Their first 2 records got a ton of airplay in my bedroom back in the day, along with Silverchair, STP, and the standard big 'grungier' big bands.