a dead woman's story in morningrise

I think Michael's adressed that before maybe in an interview...from what i remember, he said that the morningrise lyrics weren't a concept album, but a hodge podge of emotional lyrics inspired by the death of his grandfather and a breakup with a girlfriend...

Nice art gallery, man! I remember back in school, around the 4th grade, the art teacher told us to draw whatever came to mind when she played music. I had no idea what the hell she expected us to do, so mine sucked. I'll have to give them a closer look later. Really cool work though.

I agree with Prometheus on the Morningrise concept question. I've heard the question asked many times before and not once have I seen any evidence of a storyline...just the two songs about his personal life.

on an interview to lamentation of the flame princess webzine, mikael told that the night and the silent water was written in memory of his father [not grandfather] who had died, and to bid you farewell before his ex-girlfriend had "fucked another guy". he said also someting about nectar that i don't remember.

for more infos, download the interviews [they're very very long] from http://lotfp.cjb.net

on an interview to lamentation of the flame princess webzine, mikael told that the night and the silent water was written in memory of his father [not grandfather] who had died, and to bid you farewell before his ex-girlfriend had "fucked another guy". he said also someting about nectar that i don't remember.

yeah, thats the story. he wrote the lyrics after a girlfriend of four years had "fucked another guy". he was pretty depressed as you could think. this is really evident in to bid you farewell, which is the awesomest acoustic opeth exer..

Gen, some of this art is completly awesome. I keep looking back and seeing things I didn't notice. Would make cool wallpaper too :).

Thank you, Punisher. I thought I was loosing my eyes.

I see the words "personal life" wasn't enough for some of you fucked up detail junkies. :p