A Drumagog question

Uros

Sonic Incision
Jul 29, 2007
between sine waves
I am not at my DAW currently, but one question popped into my head. So I'm using Drumagog on tom trigger tracks in this project I'm mixing. I'm using it to load Superior Avatar samples through it. My question is, if I set 'dynamic tracking' to zero, or something close to zero, seeing that Superior already have multisamples, will it cause the drums to sound robotic? Bear in mind that I want consistency out of the drums, because this band is playing pretty brutal stuff, so it's definitely not the most dynamic thing in the Universe.

What's your suggestion? Should I keep 'dynamic tracking' closer to zero, or not? I am interested particularly if some of your have already used Drumagog in this way, what did you do?

I am not at my DAW currently, but one question popped into my head. So I'm using Drumagog on tom trigger tracks in this project I'm mixing. I'm using it to load Superior Avatar samples through it. My question is, if I set 'dynamic tracking' to zero, or something close to zero, seeing that Superior already have multisamples, will it cause the drums to sound robotic? Bear in mind that I want consistency out of the drums, because this band is playing pretty brutal stuff, so it's definitely not the most dynamic thing in the Universe.

When triggering a MIDI-based instrument the Dynamic Tracking option in Drumagog translates to the note velocities being sent. So turning it down to zero will result in Superior receiving every note at the same velocity. Superior has anti-"machine gun" logic built in, so it shouldn't be too robotic, but it might be a little mechanical. The best bet is to adjust the Dynamic Tracking slider until you find the right mix of consistency and realism.