A few more suggestions...

Dolamite S. Biffle

Biffliest Person Ever
May 2, 2005
Atlantis
I recently picked up some Tyr and the last two Manticora's and I think both of these bands be great!!

Tyr would be something the festival hasnt even seen yet with their blend of Folk/Metal.

Manticora has released 2 albums since playing PPVI and think they are due back for a performance in the US. Plus I got the schedule mixed up and I missed their performance at PPVI so I really really want to see them. If you book them you can guarantee Bryan316 and Regor to be there, lol.

I love power metal but I cant get into Manticora. I have a few disc. Not a fan of any of them. I kept on hoping that they would get better.

Tyr, hands down one of the better bands out there today. I would love to see them at Powerfest but realistically, they wouldnt be that big of a draw.

I love power metal but I cant get into Manticora. I have a few disc. Not a fan of any of them. I kept on hoping that they would get better.

You're a power metal fan? Huzzah! I was beginning to think I was the only one here...

That's more or less how I am with Manticora. I like them okay, but I'm not overly-impressed.

I love Tyr, but hate the vocals. Ragnarok and How Far To Asgaard are great albums.

Because you haven't gotten the best album, Eric the Red... Silly.
I dunno how much of a draw Tyr would get, but I certainly would do everything in my power to travel back here to see them if they played!:headbang: One of my first and favorite bands.

You're a power metal fan? Huzzah! I was beginning to think I was the only one here...

That's more or less how I am with Manticora. I like them okay, but I'm not overly-impressed.

I am a huge power metal fan. Cant wait for Sept for the power metal week of Firewind, Sonata, and Edguy in a 4 day strech. May do Epica...still not sure. I like pretty much all genres of metal. Just real picky with certain ones.

Christ I would have thought more people would like Manticora. I suppose I will just wait for Madfest to possibly get them since Jman is such a big fan of them. Another band that would work, that are kind of in the same vein as Tyr would be Sahg! I fucking loved their last album absolutely some of the best stuff in the genre.

I am a huge power metal fan. Cant wait for Sept for the power metal week of Firewind, Sonata, and Edguy in a 4 day strech. May do Epica...still not sure. I like pretty much all genres of metal. Just real picky with certain ones.

Hell yeah! I'll be at those shows too! Possibly not Epica though, I think that's in the middle of the week, as I recall. Makes it kind of difficult, since I'm in Carbondale most of the time. :(

@Dolamite: I don't dislike Manticora, but I can take or leave them. If they played Powerfest, I'd definitely try to catch their set.

TYR is not folk at all. They have a viking/norweigian sound but not folk. I hate when people toss out the "folk" term around. TYR covers one folk song on Erik The Red and the rest is pure metal. TYR are more melodic and doomy more than anything else.

I do know what I am talking about it is just hard to describe I think. It makes sense to me whether it does to anyone else. I think I might actually agree with Bob on this one since that is kind of what I was referring to. They have both have stoner, melodic, doomy kind of hints to them and then Tyr adds in just a pinch of folk.