A funny quote that I found unfortunately true

Are these people fucking spying on me!?!

"The nice guy will eventually work up the courage to ask out his attractive female friend but will invariably be turned down because she’s so self-centered that she’d never actually had a smidgeon of compassion for the nice guy’s feelings or even realized that he’s interested in girls. After rejecting the nice guy, the girl will downplay the supposed friendship to the point where they never speak again, which in turn will make the nice guy depressed (ironically, he won’t have anyone to talk to) because he’s devoted so much time and energy and has become so warped from being exposed to these kinds of people that he will either live the rest of his life alone in a tiny apartment, jerking off to old Saved by the Bell episodes or get drunk one night and impregnate a 300-pound, cross-eyed derelict who works at Wendy’s and spend the rest of his life being treated like shit."

Yeah, that "nice guys finish last" bullshit is just pessimism from dudes with low self-esteem (who often are nice) - you can be a gentleman while still not being a pushover! (cuz of course chicks dig strength/confidence/alpha males, cuz their instincts tell them he has good genes :D The trick is just to be the alpha in ways other than playing football, thumping your chest, and being a douche). And if they are chicks that respond favorably to being shat on, then keep 'em the hell away from me, that's a cheating fiasco waiting to happen!

Yeah, that "nice guys finish last" bullshit is just pessimism from dudes with low self-esteem (who often are nice) - you can be a gentleman while still not being a pushover! (cuz of course chicks dig strength/confidence/alpha males, cuz their instincts tell them he has good genes :D The trick is just to be the alpha in ways other than playing football, thumping your chest, and being a douche). And if they are chicks that respond favorably to being shat on, then keep 'em the hell away from me, that's a cheating fiasco waiting to happen!

this is truth. dont have to be a dick, just DONT BE A PUSH OVER! pick a honorable standpoint, and stick the fuck to it.

Just copy from the women:

Be inscrutable, intransparent and mysterious.
Elegance and profundity are big pluses too :D

You get the idea...

Just because you are nice doesn't mean you have to be a whimpy lowlife with no esteem whatsoever :)
Nice is nice.

Eh mostly BS really. Like Marcus said, only chicks with low self esteem would want a dude that completely treats her like shit, regardless of how attractive he is physically, financially, etc. People might believe this theory that girls love assholes, but most grow out of it eventually.

If you are a strong individual, good head on your shoulders, know what you want, don't clam up or shy away when talking to chicks, and aren't willing to lower your standards or discredit your beliefs for the sake of a chick, that's all that matters really. Oh, that and being physically attractive to said chick of course...lol. Cockiness comes into play too, but it depends on how people view it.

I feel that those with low self esteem will view a highly confident and successful male as "cocky" when it's really not true at all. Ya just need to be 100% comfortable with yourself IMO.

-Joe

IMO I think guys who think they're nice and not "getting any" tend to be very passive and insecure. Who's to say you can't be nice but have assertive characteristics? CONFIDENCE is the key word to getting chicks and treated with more respect. It's not being a dick because that's only temporary satisfaction. :D

IMO I think guys who think they're nice and not "getting any" tend to be very passive and insecure. Who's to say you can't be nice but have assertive characteristics? CONFIDENCE is the key word to getting chicks and treated with more respect. It's not being a dick because that's only temporary satisfaction. :D

Maybe confident, assertive guys tend to not realize that they are assholes. Maybe. :)

Maybe confident, assertive guys tend to not realize that they are assholes. Maybe. :)

LOL Well I guess it depends on who you perceive as an asshole. Different people are offended on various levels of one's actions or words... OR maybe were all just assholes who are very self-serving to our thoughts.... :Smokin: :lol:

I'm more of an arrogant asshole than a nice guy.

But that doesnt really work either, unless you're prepared to settle for less in a woman.

Any of you read The Game by Neil Strauss? That's a good book. Aside from all the snidey back-handed shit in there, it definitely teaches you that giving less of a shit about what other people think of you is the absolute definition of confidence when it comes to approaching women and starting relationships. The REAL 'unfortunately true' thing is there exists an an almost flawless technique for picking up women that these so called 'assholes' just have a natural talent for, which is basically shameless brashness and solid brass bollocks. Think 'Treat 'em mean, keep 'em kean' and 'If you don't ask, you don't get' in equal measures. If you don't get when you ask, treat 'em mean, and ask 'em again in 5 minutes :lol: :lol: :lol: ... It's not my deal, but I'm serious, they get a lot of shockingly good looking women for fat, ugly, hairy meathead metalheads.

Most women are fucking assholes anyway and not worth your hassle, time or effort. I've only been with 2 girls in my life that were worth my time, and 3 who weren't shit stirring, attention-whoring, crybaby dickheads.