a hello from a scarcely populated island.

May 16, 2010
Reykjavík, Iceland
Hello folks. I registered at this forum a few weeks ago, but
haven´t been very active here so far. This introduction board escaped my attention for a while, but I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself on this at some point... as I´m doing now. Anyway... I was born in 1986 and live in Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, but enough with the geography. I´m a university student, a metalhead, professional film- buff, a political activist (to an extent) among other stuff. Nevermore are my absolute favorite band (I make a very special connection to their music and lyrics) and I´ll probably be hanging out at their forum for the most part. Other favorite bands/musicians of mine are: Celtic Frost, Opeth, Iron Maiden, Rush, Neurosis, Joy Division, Tom Waits, Mekong Delta, Coroner, Death, Atheist, At the Gates, Nick Cave, Big Black, Refused, Tori Amos, Laibach and Fields of the Nephilim... to name a few. I try to be as open- minded as possible when it comes to music (and art in general) and my taste in metal includes anything from New wave of British Heavy metal and other classical 70´s and 80´s kind of stuff, up to modern bands of post-metal and experimental/ progressive black metal. I look forward to further discussion with people here. This place seems like a good internet- hangout.