A History of a Time To Come - The Story Of UK Thrash

Jonoleth

Sep 3, 2003
Leeds, UK
Hi guys, (very) long time no post, and predictably, I'm here to advertise something.

Fortunately it should be of interest to Evile fans!

Today we've released the first trailer for our upcoming documentary feature film about UK Thrash, 'A History of a Time To Come'.
Predictably, Evile are in it!

The trailer is here on or on Vimeo.

As you can see its just a teaser trailer for today, but the first real trailer will be released on the 18th of April, along with the full website.

For more details, pop over to our Facebook page, or follow us on twitter.

Let us know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this on Ol's twitter (or evile's, same thing pretty much). Really looking forward to this. Could end up being a "decline of western civilization" (the first one, not the second) type thing, which is really cool. I hope it's filmed in a somewhat similar manner. I've always liked that approach the most

What about Get Thrashed was biased? I haven't seen it yet myself, but I don't see why it would be.

Get Thrashed's main film concentrated solely on the Big Four, Exodus, Kreator and Pantera (thrash? No) with other bands getting barely a minute each on the extras menu.

Just had a chat with a fella named Jono about possibly getting an interview for the UK Thrash podcast. here's hoping!

Get Thrashed's main film concentrated solely on the Big Four, Exodus, Kreator and Pantera (thrash? No) with other bands getting barely a minute each on the extras menu.

Just had a chat with a fella named Jono about possibly getting an interview for the UK Thrash podcast. here's hoping!

well there's only so much you can cover. I wouldn't call that bias, just bad directing.

It'd be nice to have a doc about the smaller bands specifically, like toxik and powermad, etc

Well that's my point - I can understand focusing more on the big four, but only focusing on those four band with Exodus, Kreator and fucking Pantera in the main film is really bad. At LEAST mention the so-called 'teutonic three' along with Sabbat and Onslaught, you know?

kreator is one of the Teutonic three, aren't they? lol

I still wouldn't call it bias though, it's just a poorly made film

Yeah they are, but there're more german bands than bloody Kreator - who if you ask me, are the worst band between themselves, Sodom and Destruction. Bias =/= poorly made if you ask me haha

kreator is one of the Teutonic three, aren't they? lol

I still wouldn't call it bias though, it's just a poorly made film

Bullshit. the film was fantastic. any film that mentions Hobbs Angel of Death and Artillery has gone above and beyond the call of duty.

Yeah they are, but there're more german bands than bloody Kreator - who if you ask me, are the worst band between themselves, Sodom and Destruction. Bias =/= poorly made if you ask me haha

I'm not arguing the bands lol I'm just saying the film wasn't designed to do what you wanted it to do, so of course it wouldn't accomplish it