A Looking in View

Phoenix5

d3v4s7a710n
May 14, 2005
Nebraska
I know some of us here like good old Alice in Chains...

This needs its own thread I thought...

Last edited by a moderator:
Love Alice in Chains... I'm actually liking the new singer, sounds similar but has his own sound as well. New song is awesome, really heavy.

Very promising especially considering they've been on a fourteen year hiatus. It's pretty cool that they can just pick up where they left off. That'd be quite hard for most bands.

Yeah, it's okay. Not as good as A Looking in View, but still makes me curious what the whole album will bring...

I heard the new album in it's entirity last month in NYC and I really enjoyed it. I described it as a natural progression from Tripod mixed in with Jerry's Deg Trip. AiC is my favorite band and I've seen them with Will 4 times and he has more than delievered every time.

Will doesn't try to be Layne, which is why it works so well.
His band Comes With the Fall is also worth checking out.

I like A Looking in View, really looking forward to the album as well.

I saw them live last Wednesday in Amsterdam, first time I ever saw them after being a fan for many years (since Dirt came out), so I was very excited I was finally going to see them. It was a good but not great gig. It was sold out, jam-packed and hot, so not very comfortable circumstances to watch a gig. They played the songs really slow, which I didn't really like, it took away the energy i.m.o. Especially Would? suffered from that. Also some songs I hoped they would play were left out (Down in a Hole, Sea of Sorrow, Bleed the Freak..). Hopefully I can see them again when they tour for the new album.

This is the cover for the new album btw:
aic_black.jpg

This is fan-filmed footage from the song "Acid Bubble" live in Amsterdam:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow..had written them off. This sounds way better than I first thought it would. Thanks Phonenix for making me aware of the new AIC. I might even buy this album.

God damn, both of these songs are pretty fucking awesome...as far as the vocals, the new guy sounds a lot like Layne but maybe that's Jerry Cantrell helping him out some with the overdubs, I can't tell