A message from Constantine

Hi Rabies. :D

Started to work on Futureal. Came across problems.

1. I could not record and listen to the guitarédrum track at the same timeé I have to do something to my settings. anythoughts. BTW, Ièm using Cool edit. Never had this problem before.

2. EC, I could not convert the wave track to mp3. How do I do this using MPEG. :confused:

3. In the past when sending in tracks to myplay, I used to use somthing call the red box, to upload tracks to myplay. I see this is not how its done now:confused: are you just clicking on the bottom download from hard drive, pick the track and send it.

4. Side note, as you can see, My keyboard is still not working right. I checked the sittings and I have it English (canadian). Just adding the problems.

Please advise.
Thanks again
Constantine

Originally posted by Constantine
Hi Rabies. :D

Started to work on Futureal. Came across problems.

1. I could not record and listen to the guitarédrum track at the same timeé I have to do something to my settings. anythoughts. BTW, Ièm using Cool edit. Never had this problem before.

2. EC, I could not convert the wave track to mp3. How do I do this using MPEG. :confused:

3. In the past when sending in tracks to myplay, I used to use somthing call the red box, to upload tracks to myplay. I see this is not how its done now:confused: are you just clicking on the bottom download from hard drive, pick the track and send it.

4. Side note, as you can see, My keyboard is still not working right. I checked the sittings and I have it English (canadian). Just adding the problems.

Please advise.
Thanks again
Constantine

1. You need to enable "Full Duplex" in your soundcard's settings to correct that.

2. MPEG Suite has different tabs at the top for switching between WAV to MP3 or MP3 to WAV.

3. Hadn't noticed that yet.

4. I have no idea when it comes to language settings. Are there different Canadian settings? (i.e. French Canadian?)

:)

I'd open your control panel, then device manager, then select your soundcard, then "properties" and see if there's an option to enable full duplex. Or, if your soundcard came with it's own software, open that and look for settings.

Full duplex really just means that the soundcard allows itself to send and recieve signal at the same time. Usually, it's active by default, but maybe the setting got changed when your cpu went down.

Also, keep in mind that while most cards refer to it as full duplex, yours might call it something else, but it should sound similar.

Keep me posted and good luck! :cool:

I opened my control pannel and could not find device manager.
This is what I have listed.

Accessibility options, Add new hardware, add/remove programs, Date/Time, Desktop Themes, display, Find Fast, Fonts, Game Controllers, Internet Options, Keyboard, Live Update, mail, Modem, Mouse, Multimedia, Network, ODBC Data Sources (32 bit), Passwords, Power Management, Printers, Quick Time, Regional Settings, Sounds, Systems,Telephony, Users and XG Synth Driver.

Any thoughts?
Constantine

Originally posted by Constantine
I opened my control pannel and could not find device manager.
This is what I have listed.

Accessibility options, Add new hardware, add/remove programs, Date/Time, Desktop Themes, display, Find Fast, Fonts, Game Controllers, Internet Options, Keyboard, Live Update, mail, Modem, Mouse, Multimedia, Network, ODBC Data Sources (32 bit), Passwords, Power Management, Printers, Quick Time, Regional Settings, Sounds, Systems,Telephony, Users and XG Synth Driver.

Any thoughts?
Constantine

Sorry, XP's a little different. :p

It's probably under "Systems". :cool:

If it's not there, look around in various places for your soundcard's settings.