a MSNBC "photojournalist" just torched the feds (verbally)

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
this guy seemed passionate and PISSED. apparently a vet of (hurricane) andrew coverage and whatnot, they showed some sort of footage of him going into the superdome and interviewing people - which i missed - but his commentary afterwards was calling the stories about the interior dome looting and gang fighting as bullshit and that there's people starving to death in there!

there's worse that he said he saw but couldn't show on tv or talk about

he said he personally counted EIGHTY TWO buses lined up outside of the city. he asked one of the drivers what the problem was and why they weren't moving in, and apparently the guy said that some of the drivers were too frightened to go in there?!?!

speaking of which, did anyone catch any footage of cops looting stores along with common folk? my roommate swears he saw this last night.

pertaining to that comment about sniping before on the other board, alex, i'm seeing open hostility toward FEMA and whatnot on ALL of the "liberal" news channels - to the point where they showed an open argument on CNN between a reporter and the governor of MS!!!!

4200 national guardsman in NO by sunday; head honcho says "this is NOT martial law".

interesting wording, though - they aren't enforcing the laws themselves; they are assisting the cops, but ultimately under the command of the LA governor.

"the military is NEVER in charge during the rest of the duration of this operation", says he.

in related news, look at this fucking spelling error on CNN.com:

President Bush, in an interview on ABC's "Good Morning America," said that their should be "zero tolerance of people breaking the law during an emergency such as this."

WTF

hey dudes - this is all taken from a blog, so...take it as you will but anyway...

eyewitnesses report that police are heavily involved in looting
there is absolutely no chain of command or any kind of communication among the NOPD
lots of bodies
some automatic weapons fire
US Military has basically just arrived

here is the blog, seems to be an ex-special forces survivalist libertarian-turned datcenter employee

http://www.livejournal.com/users/interdictor/

National Guard shoving water off the backs of trucks. They're just pushing it off without stopping, people don't even know it's there at first -- they drop it on the side in debris, there's no sign or distribution point -- people are scared to go near it at first, because the drop points are guarded by troops or federal agents with assault rifles who don't let people come near them, which scares people off. It is a mess. When people actually get to the water, they are in such a rush to get it that one family left their small child behind and forget about him until Sig carried him back to the family.

be thankful for your quirky sibling rivalry; i'm reading other forums where their totally calling for looters to be shot on sight, "those people" behaving horribly in new orleans, etc etc