A new song - A Blasphemous Mymn. But how does it sound??

Sounds pretty good. Though I'm not digging the bass. It is compressed too hard, which is obvious on those note-silence-note riffs. Its midrange isn't that hot either and if you want the bass this loud you need to get the midrange just right, growling without that honk. See In Flames for reference.

Plankis: Yeah, I´m not digging the sound of the bass either. But it is damn hard to get it right i think. But I will give it one more try :) And about the growling, what do you mean with "honk"? In Flames. Hell yeah!!! He can growl :)

nezvers: Cool you digg the kick :)

And about the growling, what do you mean with "honk"? In Flames. Hell yeah!!! He can growl :)

It was regarding the bass, getting the bass to growl is to find that distorted tone that cuts through the mix in the meanest possible way. Like the bass does in most In Flames-albums. A "honky" sound has usually a bit too much off frequencies around 400-800 hz. It's a fine line to walk because it's also around here the bass' distorted tones will cut through.

Sounds really good! I'd prefer more bass! I'd love to get raws for these and mix it myself :rofl:
maybe too much brightness on the high screams, trying turning down 15k by a bit. but it sounds really kick ass!