'A Photographic Journey Of Guns N' Roses' Collection On Display At Hollywood Gallery

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Black Lightning Gallery, in conjunction with O Gallery, is pleased to announce the opening of "A Photographic Journey Of Guns N' Roses", a collection of unpublished, never-before-seen images by legendary rock 'n' roll photographer Gene Kirkland. The collection will be on display at O Gallery (6367 Selma Avenue) in Hollywood, California from September 16 to September 22. This incredible exhibition represents the time period from their iconic 1988 "Sweet Child O' Mine" video shoot to the "Use Your Illusion" arena tour 1994, and includes formal portraits, spectacular stage shots, intimate backstage and on-the-road photos, all shot on film. Most of these images have never been published before. The image are available for order at the gallery as fine art prints handsigned by Gene Kirkland himself as limited numbered editions. A portion of the proceeds will go to Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund. Kirkland, who is recognized worldwide for photographing the biggest names in rock and metal throughout the '80s and '90s, has opened up his archives for the first time in history, unearthing a generous stash of shots that had remained hidden and locked away since those glory days — many spanning back nearly thirty years! Says Gene: "I hope you enjoy looking back at these amazing memories as much as I enjoyed capturing them. These photographs hold very dear memories of a glorious time and I am proud to have them available to fans worldwide." Starting September 23, the images will become available for worldwide purchase via Black Lightning Gallery via BlackLightningGallery.com. Each photo will be handsigned by Gene Kirkland as limited number editions. The web site has many fan bonuses, including exclusive looks at images of backstage passes from the shows, personal memories from Gene Kirkland and many more.
gunsnroseskirklandposter_638.jpg

Continue reading...