a portrait of albany NY on a saturday afternoon

goatschool

Sep 12, 2002
www.youtube.com
in the midst of a populated streetfest:

the players are, myself (dressed as wallflower), my friend (dressed as pregnant), young mall punk wearing super-obscure t-shirt whose subject matter will remain unnamed (otherwise dressed as tent).

young mall punk walking toward us.

me to friend: "watch make fool of myself"
friend: "no no make fool of yourself"

me to mall kid: "hey. hey. yeah. hey. where you get that shirt??????"
mall kid "WWW.XXXXXXXX.COM"

mall kid continues aimlessly into streetfest, unphased that anyone else within 150,000 mile radius shared a common interest.

the end

and to keep on topic, i encountered a severely medicated skinhead death-metal guy whom i hadn't seen in a few years, an individual always rumored to cultivate hateful tendencies, but never quite confirmed.

he who wears flea-bitten entombed longsleeve: "i was in a band for a while and it was called "Racial Genocide"
me: "oh man."
he who wears flea-bitten entombed longsleeve: "yeah but they (?) couldn't take that so i changed the name to (something i can't remember"

later

he who wears flea-bitten entombed longsleeve, turning his head and looking into the crowd: "fuckin cross-breeders, i don't understand them"
me: "..."

the end v2.0

a prologue to the second passage is when he who wears flea-bitten entombed longsleeve told me i wasn't very grindcore for drinking diet pepsi.

an epilogue, i hope, is that i somehow convinced him he could obtain my phone number via my website, so he could order "shit"

Eh, he should be drinking MOUNTAIN DEW, because it is the only beverage EXTREME ENOUGH for a real grindcore kid. I mean, how do you get more EXTREME than MOUNTAIN DEW?

I mean, how do you get more EXTREME than MOUNTAIN DEW

MD: CODE RED dude, thus equating me with BLOOD, BLOOD DUSTER, BLOODSOAKED, BLOODSUCKING FREAKS, BLOODSUCKERS, BLOOD SUCKERS (there is a difference), HAEMORRHAGE, and of course, AGATHOCLES for whatever reason

ah shit, you're totally right! i'm going to huddle in a corner and drink Moxie and watch the real badasses get all in-yer-face and crush code red cans on their heads and stuff.