A quick maiden question

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
I now have every maiden cd except Killers, Iron Maiden and No Prayer For The Dying. Are any of those 3 any good/worth buying?
I downloaded the song no prayer for the dying and its great, but everyone seems to think the actual album isnt very good. Ive only heard wrathchild, sanctuary, iron maiden and phantom from the first 2.

Iron Maiden has Phantom, Running Free, Prowler, Charlotte, and Iron Maiden on it, how can you not get it?

Killers has Killers, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Wrathchild, Drifter and Purgatory, how can you not get it?

No Prayer of the Dying ...well ... it'll complete your collection at least.

I'd say get IM and Killers at the same time, and listen to them both back to back for hours on end :) IM is classic vintage Maiden, and Killers is a masterpiece (IMO).

NPFTD... hate to say it, but I haven't listened to it all the way through since 1991 or so... piece of shit, IMO. :cry:

Iron Maiden is a classic! You cannot be without it. :)

Killers and No Prayer, well... it's not that I dislike them, but I don't listen to them much. :p

They are pretty cool all the same, it's just that Iron Maiden shits on them

Iron Maiden & Killers are essential. No Prayer I really like. It took me a long time to get into it, probably mainly because of Janick's playing is so different to Adrian's and the whole tone of the album was different to the last studio album, Seventh Son...

Their are a few fillers but most Maiden album's have a song or 2 that don't quite "fit".

I would definetly get all 3, starting with Iron Maiden, Killers then No Prayer.

Cheers,
Matt

I personally think Iron Maiden is something everyone should have and Killers is not bad and Wemon in Uniform is always a good laugh.

NPFTD is good it has one of the best song lines of all times and also the theme for backyard blitz. "hook in you, hooks in me, hooks in the ceiling for the well hang feeling."(hooks in you)

You simply cannot be without Iron Maiden or Killers . They are both masterpieces, especially Killers , which is in my Top 3 Maiden albums (along with Powerslave and Piece of Mind). Definitely get those two!!

Originally posted by duellist
Women in Uniform is always a good laugh.

How come this song was not included on the recent re-issues?
Anyone know? :confused:

Women in Uniform was only on the Australian release of the album, in place of Twilight Zone, other countries as a single only.

I guess it's not in the re-release albums because it's another way of Maiden showing their feelings about Australia.

Phloggy - Only released in OZ ? What you trying to say ? Tthat they could hang it on us, just how much they enjoyed fucking our women ? Dont be subtle Phloggy - phlog us with your wit !

IMHO NPFTD doesnt have that wicked Maiden edge - whole excitement of Powerslave, NOB, POM etc. which I might add is back in BNW :D

Anyway, I still like that album but I also skip a number of tracks.. mostly the ones where Janick makes them suck (sorry I'm not big *he's a friend of Bruce's* fan).

Los4 ducks for the coming blows...

Iron Maiden / Killers = Metal classics...own them !!!

i haven't got NPFTD so i can't really say

and i think that they relesed it in Oz cause it was orginally done by the skyhooks ??...maybe i'm wrong but they did do that song as well...

Yup, Women in Uniform was a hit for the Skyhooks, so Maiden put it on the album for more sales.

And I'm saying it wasn't included on the reissues because it's another way for Maiden to pretend that Oz doesn't exist.:p

I dont know why, but i always figured the first 2 wouldnt be very good because bruce wasnt on them, but after the rather enthusiastic response they got, im going to buy them, i shall post my impressions when i get them :)

I know its a bit late in the thread but i have to say it as well

Killers and IM RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't buy them as soon as possible eddie will come and hack your head off in your sleep.

Originally posted by Gavin
I know its a bit late in the thread but i have to say it as well

Killers and IM RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't buy them as soon as possible eddie will come and hack your head off in your sleep.

:lol: :lol: Im not worried, I have Something wicked by iced earth, set could take eddie any day haha!
Eddie is just some guy who saw margeret thatcher, killed someone, had a dream about a beast, got sent to a nuthouse, went to egypt, time travelled, had 7 kids said no prayers for them when they were dying, is AFRAID of the dark, and is now trying to pretend its a brave new world after having too much x-factor on the virtual reality machine.
Sets the antichrist. No contest :D

You BETTER appreciate that incredibly stupid little story by the way, it took a while!

But i WILL be buying all 3 albums when i next stop by utopia :D I didnt know so many people liked those first 2 albums!

SET?
is that what that guys name is,
Eddie would kick his ass!!!
and his dogs
nice story though

Why thank you gavin, it took me awhile as i had to work out the correct order for the iron maiden albums, i got virtual 11 and x factor at the end, but it fit better in my literary masterpiece like that so i though id leave it. Wheres my pulitzer?? :D

BTW: even JANICK beat up eddie (he does on the video bootleg i have at portland maine 2000). Janick does fight dirty and kick him in the nuts though, but he gets extra points for beating up eddie and playing his guitar at the same time!