A.R.T Tubefire - 8 Tube pre interface, $399 ?!?

darthjujuu

Nov 17, 2008
Boston
www.myspace.com
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TubeFire8

I've been torturing myself over my purchase plan regarding the age old question: what does an engineer upgrade to when it's time to lay the firepod to rest.

I'd never even heard of this little bugger til the new sweetwater catalog arrived at my doorstep. i couldn't find even so much as a mention of it on this forum (after minimal searching) and found a few good reviews, but none bad. 8 tube channels?!?!

SPDIF, I guess, or just using it as a master clock for some other unrelated gear (not like I can see why anyone would want to, but hey)

looks like there's no spdif, either o_0 the firestudio tube isn't expandable either, apart from using the balanced outs of a digimax into the 6 line-ins (seems silly to me). I don't need a TON of i/o, being able to mic up a big drumset and still have a DI guitar and talkback is the most i could ever think of needing. and i s'pose i could just get a central station and that'd cover the talkback...hrm.

sigh. selecting an interface is like trying to drag a pregnant water buffalo up a spiral staircase.