A SOUND OF THUNDER presents SHADOWMAN: Tales from the Deadside

DuchessOfDork

Feb 9, 2009
THAT'S RIGHT, NERDZ! We're releasing an album based on a comic book! ...and we got their permission!! :lol: Valiant Entertainment is super cool, seriously.

As usual, we're launching a KickStarter to fund stuff. However, since the album is already recorded, all the money is just going toward upgrading merch. We've got vinyl, t-shirts, patches, all that jazz.. PLUS some sweet comic stuff, like a free digital copy of Shadowman #1 with every purchase of the CD!

CLICK DA LINK for a preview of the album and details on exclusive KickStarter stuff, like the KickStarter-only version of the album cover, which is super sweet.

As of right this second, we're only $1,679 away from making our $10k goal! If we can grab that within the next 4 hours, we'll have made our goal in ONE DAY. HOLY NERD MUSIC, BATMAN!

dcab45e81f1d8cfc07c3bec4368fd005_original.jpg

Man you guys work quickly. I still don't have the last album you did.

I have a passing familiarity with Shadowman, since Valiant has been doing a heavy push for awareness for the past year.

Maybe we'll get more issues with a stretch goal. If anyone has any suggestions for stretch goals by the way, we're taking them all into consideration!

RAINBOW KEYBOARDIST TONY CAREY COVERS "DEATH ALLEY DRIVER" WITH A SOUND OF THUNDER; AUDIO PREVIEW STREAMING

Tony Carey (Rainbow, Planet P Project) has recorded keyboards on A Sound Of Thunder's cover of the Rainbow classic "Death Alley Driver". The track is exclusively available via A Sound Of Thunder's current Kickstarter campaign which runs through August 17th...

"This is a very cool cover of a very cool song, by a very cool band. So that's all cool..." said Carey. "As far as my part goes, I threw down some old-school Hammond and played a much-too-fast solo bit on a Minimoog (remember those?) and woke up on the Sunset Strip in pre-Apocalypse 1976... lots of fun, and not something I do very often. Hollywood Swingin'! Thanks for having me."

A Sound Of Thunder guitarist Josh Schwartz added: "Tony is an immensely accomplished musician and producer and I can't overstate how honoured I am to have him on our recording. His work with Rainbow only scratches the surface of his many talents. Fans will know that Tony didn't play on the original version of “Death Alley”. By adding wall-to-wall Hammond organ and his own personal style, Tony has warmed up the song and given it a kick in the pants and a very cool '70s vibe not present on the original."

Update:

Since we hit $20k, we'll be releasing our cover of Manowar's Pleasure Slave to all of our KickStarter backers! That includes the backers from our last campaign too, so if you did that one and not this one, you'll still get it! :D

And now the world premiere of one of our new songs!! From Metal Underground:

D.C. area metal act A Sound of Thunder has been a shining beacon of the U.S. metal scene for the past four years (starting with the explosion of the sophomore record "Out of the Darkness" in 2012). Having released successive albums of higher quality material in each year since ("Time's Arrow" in 2013 and "The Lesser Key Of Solomon" in 2014)...it's no wonder the new album "Tales From the Deadside" will continue that trend. The album is set to drop on September 25th via the band's very own fan backed label Mad Neptune Records.

For the new release, the band shattered another crowdfunding campaign goal, this time in less than 21 hours, proving that the greatest record company of all might very well be the fans themselves. The campaign still runs for another 13 days, so get in on all the perks and stacking rewards at this location.

Today, the band has teamed up with Metal Underground.com to unleash the first full track stream from the Valiant Entertainment flagship comic character Shadowman inspired release - the crushing "Tower of Souls."

"Tower of Souls" is the soundtrack to the first major battle between Shadowman, the hero, and Master Darque, the villain. Master Darque is trapped in a hell-like domain known as the Deadside, but is nearing the culmination of his plan to escape and wage war on the Earth. Only Shadowman has the power to stop Darque's scheme, so Darque recruits Baron Samedi, the voodoo lord of the dead, to keep Shadowman occupied. But Samedi's loyalties are not what they seem: he betrays Darque and clears a path for the final confrontation between Darque and Shadowman. The lyric video features panels straight out of Valiant Entertainment's comic book series.

Guitarist Josh Schwartz comments: "When we wrote the song we wanted to capture the sinister nature of Darque's plot and the huge consequences involved, so we used a lot of sinister and dissonant notes and chord changes. An unrelenting triplet beat drives the song forward and gives it an almost militaristic feel. Hopefully the listener feels that he's right in the middle of an epic battle on the Deadside!"

"Tales from the Deadside" was recorded at Assembly Line Studios with RIAA-platinum awarded producer Kevin '131' Gutierrez (Shinedown, While Heaven Wept, Raven). Kickstarter backers will be provided digital bonus tracks, cover tunes featuring additional guest musicians (the first of which was announced to be Rainbow keyboardist Tony Carey), with more yet to be announced.

The track listing for the album is:

1. Children of the Dark
2. Sandria (Carry On)
3. Can't Hold Back
4. Deadside
5. Tower of Souls
6. Losing Control (The Unquiet Shadow)
7. Punk Mambo
8. Alyssa (Life in Shadows)
9. Tremble
10. End Times

Last edited by a moderator: