A very metal 17th birthday.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
Hey guys,

Today was my 17th birthday and it was indeed a great day. I got up bright and early, called out of school and went for what I have been waiting for, for a very long time now... my driver's license. I was very very nervous about the test but I passed it and I am so happy. A few weeks ago my mom bought me a brand new 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Coupe, 2 door, black. It is an awesome car. I came home from the DMV and opened my birthday present which I ended up being very happy with. My parents gave me a card with $60 in it, alot of clothes and best of all cd's. How the cd's works is a few weeks before my birthday I write up a list of about 20 cd's for my dad, this way of the twenty he can pick out 5 or so that he wants to buy and I can still be suprised. I ended up getting Testament - Souls Of Black, Iron Maiden - Virtual XI, Def Leppard - Hysteria, Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked, and KISS - Animalize. Then with some of the birthday money I got from family and stuff I headed out on the highway to an independent record store called Vintage Vinyl where they sell alot of good stuff you can't find in most chain stores. I ended up buying W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol, Grave Digger - Exaclibur, and Various Artists - A Tribute to the Priest. Very cool stuff. The Priest tribute features Annihilator, Primal Fear, Hammerfall, Armored Saint, Therion, Skid Row, Iced Earth, Death and lots of other cool bands. Then later tonight my family and I went out for dinner and then we went to Target. While at Target I wandered over to Circuit City and finally bought myself Slayer's Reign In Blood. My mom also got me one last gift at Target which was a nice silver watch. All in all a great day and probably my best birthday ever.

Rock on!

I just had my 29th on the 21st and i didnt get shit from anybody besides my girl she bought me a ticket to go see NEVERMORE and she gave me $200 so i went and bought a few CD'S to add to my collection
DIO- STRANGE HIGHWAYS
TESTAMENT-SIGNS OF CHAOS
KING DIAMOND-ABIGAIL
IN FLAMES- THE JESTERS RACE
AND SOME OLD SCHOOL SHIT
RATT-DANCING UNDERCOVER
OZZY- NO REST FO THE WICKED
SKID ROW-SLAVE TO THE GRIND
NITRO-O.F.R
KILLER DWARFS-STAND TALL
ROXX GANG- RED ROSE

OHH i for got i got a b-day car from my aunt who lives in vermont she sent me a couple pic's that she had of me and my brother in 1978 when we lived in teaxs and my favorite pic that i forgot about until i seen it is me and my brother sitting on our new harley davidson chopper bicycle man it was so beautyful and im sure if i still had it it would be worth big bank

Hey congrats to you both! :)

@ DeVIANCE

ICED EARTH - THE JESTERS RACE
Should that not be IN FLAMES instead of ICED EARTH??

Originally posted by TheGraveDigger
Hey guys,

Today was my 17th birthday and it was indeed a great day. I got up bright and early, called out of school and went for what I have been waiting for, for a very long time now... my driver's license. I was very very nervous about the test but I passed it and I am so happy. A few weeks ago my mom bought me a brand new 2003 Chevy Cavalier LS Coupe, 2 door, black. It is an awesome car. I came home from the DMV and opened my birthday present which I ended up being very happy with. My parents gave me a card with $60 in it, alot of clothes and best of all cd's. How the cd's works is a few weeks before my birthday I write up a list of about 20 cd's for my dad, this way of the twenty he can pick out 5 or so that he wants to buy and I can still be suprised. I ended up getting Testament - Souls Of Black, Iron Maiden - Virtual XI, Def Leppard - Hysteria, Ozzy Osbourne - No Rest For The Wicked, and KISS - Animalize. Then with some of the birthday money I got from family and stuff I headed out on the highway to an independent record store called Vintage Vinyl where they sell alot of good stuff you can't find in most chain stores. I ended up buying W.A.S.P. - The Crimson Idol, Grave Digger - Exaclibur, and Various Artists - A Tribute to the Priest. Very cool stuff. The Priest tribute features Annihilator, Primal Fear, Hammerfall, Armored Saint, Therion, Skid Row, Iced Earth, Death and lots of other cool bands. Then later tonight my family and I went out for dinner and then we went to Target. While at Target I wandered over to Circuit City and finally bought myself Slayer's Reign In Blood. My mom also got me one last gift at Target which was a nice silver watch. All in all a great day and probably my best birthday ever.

Rock on!

:) it was even great when reading this post..such great days are not usual in life i believe, they are rare..so rock on dude :headbang:

Sounds like you had a great birthday dude! Nice CD choices too! :) Happy Birthday!!

DEVIANCE: Nice choices with Dancing Undercover and Slave To The Grind, and O.F.R.!!! How did you find that?!?!? I have it on vinyl but never seen it on CD before.

DEVIANCE: Nice choices with Dancing Undercover and Slave To The Grind, and O.F.R.!!! How did you find that?!?!? I have it on vinyl but never seen it on CD before. [/B]
DUDE!!!!! thats funny shit cuz i find it all the time on CD but never on vinyl

I was lucky to find the vinyl but I've never seen it any other times. Never seen the CD at all. It's been deleted in Australia for about 10 years I think.

Originally posted by The Trooper
I was lucky to find the vinyl but I've never seen it any other times. Never seen the CD at all. It's been deleted in Australia for about 10 years I think.
well if i come across another maybe we can do a little trade for something