A wee MIDI problem... anyone?

Jun 2, 2005
See, i have DFHS drums on one MIDI track right?

Then i add a synth underneath the drums on a seperate MIDI track offcourse..
so far so good!

Problem is.. i had the drums at 100 BPM, but decided that they need to go at around 80 BPM.. so i go the tempo track, and lower the BPM...
Now DFHS responds to this just fine.. and it adjusts itself to 80 BPM like it should.. however, the synths i put underneath the drums (no matter what synth or howmany) stays at 100 BPM! so it completely screws up working with MIDI for me, since i then have to manually adjust everything again.

Does anyone know what went wrong? i just installed nuendo 3, i always had 2 and no problems with it, surely its something small im overseeing here.. but i cant find it so far.

Err.....try setting the tempo to fixed in the transport box and then put 80 in as your tempo, and see if the synth changes now as well.

Undo, Swap linear time mode to musical mode on the midi track an try again.
Should work.
Read this:

What's the difference between Musical and Linear time base settings for audio tracks in Cubase SX?
Linear and Musical based tracks are different in the way they respond to tempo changes in the Tempo Track and Transport Window. Both are highly precise in their positioning, using 64-bit floating point values. Musical based tracks have their positioning represented as bars, beats, sixteenth notes and ticks. If you change the tempo of the song in the Transport Window, the position of these tracks will change in relation to the new tempo. This doesn't just apply to files with ACID code or files with hit points. We're talking about how the file is positioned in the arrangement.

Linear time based files are positioned via clock positions and changing the tempo in the Transport Window will not affect their position in time. The makers of Cubase SX say the positioning of Musical and Linear based tracks take an equal amount of computing power (one is not easier on the machine than another), but they do warn against switching between the modes on a track because a small loss of precision takes place when the mathematics scales from one format to another.

In other words, switching between the modes once or twice is probably not going to do any damage, but switching between the modes 15 times might round off the math enough to pull your files into a Twilight Zone of sorts. The modes are toggled via the Linear and Musical enabling buttons on the Track List. The Linear button is represented by a clock icon, while the Musical button is show with a musical note.

I tried that Stee.. cheers though!

And i did not freeze anything as well.. cant be that..

I'll try that thing you posted recgek (dutch?) it looks like it'll sort out the problem.. cheers!