A while back ago (DHDW and DNB related)

Episode 666

Mr.Nonesense
Dec 3, 2001
www.freewebs.com
Some people might remember that i ordered these two albums, and now i hav elistened to them both about 7 times, and this far in, i LOVE Dead heart, and think that Dreaming Neon Black is pretty Dull... yes this will probably change (DNB, i hope Dead heart wont change =) ), but that's how i feel right now.

So yo my question. Did you have problems getting "into" Dreaming Neon Black? Or did you just love it on the first listen?
Dead heart was for me easy to love, and it stuck pretty much after the second listen. All songs are great, except for maybe the title track that's just good.

Comments?

I loved Dreaming Neon Black the first time I listened to it. In fact, it instantly became my favorite right after the title track. Most people that I know of, though, took a little while to get into it.

Definitely have to say Dreaming Neon Black had me from the first listen as well. Politics took me a couple of listens to really be moved by. A few tracks were instant jaw-droppers *42147 for example* In the end I find politics superior, but DNB to be one of the more complexly emotional albums in metal. Keep listening.

DHIADW was the first album I bought and it took a little getting used to. Next I bought POE and it took a little more getting used to. Then I bought DNB and it took even more getting used to.

the self titled and dead heart were instant hits for me, but I never really got anything out of dnb until I read the story behind it, then I was a little more compelled. as for politics/in memory I didnt really get into them until recently.

I liked DNB except for a couple of songs. Then I read about the story and it was all cleared to me. It's been my favorite since and I can't get bored with it.

I was incredibly amazed when I first heard DNB. Everything about it is so deep.

Ok, don't get all fany on me now when i say this ok :)

It's just something with the titles, if they have some deeper meaning i can uderstand? But comon:

"I am the dog"?
"The LotusEaters"?
"Poison Godmachine"?
They sond like childish titles, but maybe they have some deeper meaning i'm not aware of...

Lord of Metal said:
Read the lyrics and you shall understand.
Well...to be fair, WD's lyrics can get a little dense. Read the lyrics and the blurbs in between, and it comes more clear. Well, as clear as he wants them to be. :)

That, and get stuck in traffic with only DNB to keep you company...then blast Poisongodmachine at cars creeping by. That's a religious experience all in itself. Truthfully, though, with headphones on, in a pitch-black room, the album can truly suck you in and leave you breathless at the end. That's the mark of a good album.

For the record, my kids' favorite albums are both DNB. When your 4-year-old starts asking the preschool teachers to play "Dreaming bean-on-black"...you know you've done your job. :twisted: