AARON LEWIS On STAIND: 'I Have No Interest Or Creative Need To Go There Right Now'

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
STAIND has been mostly inactive since 2011 and singer Aaron Lewis said in a new interview that the band is probably going to stay that way for the foreseeable future. Asked by Rolling Stone if the group is on hiatus, Lewis replied: "We haven't broken up. I have no interest or creative need to go there right now. I'm pretty focused on [country music] and I'm not going anywhere. This is what feels right at this point in my life. Do I think there's room somewhere down the road for STAIND to play shows in the summertime, radio festivals and stuff like that? Sure. Do I think I have another one of those records in me? Of course I do. All I have to do is live." STAIND guitarist Mike Mushok is now playing in SAINT ASONIA with former THREE DAYS GRACE frontman Adam Gontier. The band's debut album was released in July 2015. Lewis, meanwhile, has been pursuing a career in the country music scene as a solo artist, releasing an EP and a couple of albums and touring constantly. Mushok recently admitted to Canadian journalist Mitch Lafon that it was "a little frustrating" having to put STAIND on hold while Aaron continues to record and tour as a country solo artist. But he added: "[Aaron] has to be happy with what he wants to do.' And if [he's] not happy… No matter what I do, when I go to Aaron, I can't [say to him], 'Dude, we have all these offers. We've gotta play these shows.' I can't make him. And if I did make him, he'd resent me. And it wouldn't be fun, and it wouldn't be what they're supposed to be. So when the day comes that he decides, 'Hey, man, let's do this again,' either I'll be ready or I won't. It's either, 'No, man, I'm doing this [SAINT ASONIA] now, because you had your thing,' or we'll be on a break, or whatever it is, and I'll say, 'Okay, we can do it.' So I'm really just kind of playing it as it goes." STAIND has released seven studio albums dating back to 1996, with eleven Top 10 rock singles and four No. 1 tracks to its credit.

Continue reading...